 Off-Topic / Debate / 240
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 20 Dec 1998 08:23:33 GMT

Lee Jorgensen <ljorgensen@uswest.net> wrote:
and deals with different subject matter.  I don't think that you could definately
say that there won't be the votes.

I'd put big money on him getting off.  BIG money.  Sad, but it will
happen.

I can't wait for the Republicans to turn Livingston into a martyr,
though, and you know they will since he tried to do it himself today.

Tried?  He did resign.  I believe he was going to NOT be the speaker,
and he's giving up his seat in a few months.

Didn't say he tried to resign.  I said he tried to make himself a
martyr, which he did.  I have no more respect for him than I do
Clinton, because, for me, the core issue of him being a cheating
bastard is enough to condemn him.

His resignation stinks of more political bs to me, and probably to
more people, but the liars in Washington will never bring that up
because too many of them are just as repulsive and dishonest as
Clinton.

No lock-step partisianship from me.  If I condemn someone whose
politics I disagree with for dishonest acts, I can't condone them in
someone I agree with.  That would make me no better than the bunch of
liars and thieves we have running this country.

Truely, it is sad that Larry Flynt can have blackmail like this over Republicans,
but not be interested in Democrats, and also not to pay up when he said that
he would.  (He ran ads offering $1,000,000 for any (provable?) information
about affairs with an elected congressperson).

There are plenty of people on the other side who go to the same
lengths to condemn Democrats.  It's all dirty, and the right isn't
composed of a bunch of innocent angels anymore than the left.

http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/  (discontinued thru Holiday season)
800-835-4386 (S@H USA) / 800-267-5346 ext 222 (S@H Canada)
www.lugnet.com/news/ - Meet more LEGO fans in your area through LUGNET