 Off-Topic / Debate / 258
Re: Geez, its hard to stomach all of this
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 17:29:51 GMT

Also sprach Tim Courtney:
: And I'm a Christian and don't know who Ralph Reed is.  See my other recent
: post on my opinion of the Darwin fish...I don't find it funny at all.

Ralph Reed is the founder of the Christian Coalition, and he was still
in Athens doing anti abortion work when I went to UGA my freshman year.
He was a member of a debate society I joined there.  I've actually drunk
beer with him (I know, the Baptists would be shocked).  I've never been
convinced that he is anythiong other than a political opportunist, but
millions of people have respected and looked up to him.

In any case, I don't know why you take the Darwin Fish so seriously.
You admit you see the humor in the Christian response, a fish labeled
'Truth' eating the Darwin Fish ... so if you see the humor in that, why
do you not see the humor in the Darwin Fish?

I guess what it boils down to is that when we make our symbols and
beliefs known, we open them to scrutiny and dissent.  The same rules
apply to me.  You are not being picked on in any specific sense, you are
just being treated equally in a free marketplace of ideas.

/ _ _ / _ _          Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.
============= Jim Baker -- Weather Weasel Extraordinaire ==============