 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 101 – 120 of about 1300.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Screw Abstinence?

(...) I have to admit I find it similar in nature to stating that aborting black babies would lower the crime rate. The message of the event would appear to be "don't force abstinence on people", but calling it "Screw Abstinence" gives it a slant (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.568)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) That is an accurate summary of what he said. It's not up to the headline to provide the context; that's what the article and the original transcript are for. I suspect that you're taking issue with the use of "Republican" here, and that's not (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.568)

  The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(URL) Case closed> Nevermind that Bennett is pro-life. What a smear. And even the Bush administration runs for cover from political hack fallout. Brutal. JOHN (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.568)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Am I correct in seeing another fallacy here, not necessarily one on Bennett's behalf, but more of one in general? That being that it is instead economics that drives or motivates crime, not race as Freakonomics seems to put forth and that then (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.568)

  Re: The Guardian unworthy of toilet paper?

(...) Apart from the slightly sensationalistic title I don't see how this article is a smear at all. It is quite factual and clearly states that he qualified his statement. If you disagree with his anti-choice politics not being spelt out in the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.568)

  Re: Say Whaa????

(...) Well, it's hard to assess the quality of the study based on this article, which implies that the study finds a causative link between religion and social ills. However, it seems that the study may only cite a correlation between the two, which (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.567)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) My stance on this is surely colored by the history of the US, but I feel that the primary reason that I live in the greatest nation in the world is the melting pot effect. I would be completely open to allowing anyone who wanted a fair shake (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political, quiz
(score: 0.566)

  Re: stuff (was: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Jasper "I didn't invent Libertarianism, I just laugh at" Janssen wrote in message... <38b4684b.609370836@...et.com>... (...) Weeks (...) <Mega snip> Jasper's post is evidence of my case. Even though Jasper is from a country currently more to the (...) (25 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political, quiz
(score: 0.566)

  Re: Remember the Axis of Evil? [may offend]

(...) Hmm. That's a good point, except for the meta-fact that all arguments inconsistent with mine are summarily fallacious. (...) Interesting. I'd submit that "betterness" can be assessed in terms of which group is more effective at implementing (...) (21 years ago, 8-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

quiz
(score: 0.566)

  Re: Remember the Axis of Evil? [may offend]

(...) c /mine/Lar's/ and we're in agreement. (...) That's precisely what I'm driving at! (...) Perhaps currently they are noisier yes and more annoying, but more controlling? Besides that runs counter to my argument, discourse apparent control (...) (21 years ago, 9-Dec-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

quiz
(score: 0.566)

  Re: Gas prices in USA

(...) Not for everyone. Those who are wealthy enough not to have to worry about a 60 or 80% increase in the price per gallon aren't going to be affected at all, except perhaps to enjoy a larger profit from their oil stocks. Raising the prices serves (...) (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.563)

  Re: I am not a nazi.

(...) I firmly believe that true Nazis (in the sense of the word where it is associated with a dark political agenda) would not quite be the kind of people who build Lego spaceships. Not even the most distorted of Nazi minds out there could possibly (...) (19 years ago, 20-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.561)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) You don't see a difference between a coordinated effort to complete destroy a race of people vs. a criminal justice system gone horribly wrong? Stalin had almost 30 years to kill roughly 20 million Russians - most of whom were killed in Gulags (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.560)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) So it's not as bad if you stretch out your genocidal activities over a few decades rather than just one? And I'm sure a few ethnicities within the former Soviet Union may disagree that they committed "political" crimes. Like the Kulaks, the (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.559)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) Hey all, (Note the FUT-off-topic-debate). I'm a bit nervous about jumping into this because there are already strong opinions expressed on both sides by people I respect, but here goes. I have to admit confusion: A MOC based on a fictional (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !

political
(score: 0.559)

  Re: ...just one more form of anti-Semitism

(...) Posted on October 7, 2004 10:01 PM EST Email this Commentary By BRUCE S. TICKER Location: Philadelphia Those Presbyterians and Episcopalians might as well have kicked and beaten their mutual victim to a pulp while they were at it. No, not (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.558)

  Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap in California)

(...) I know that you have to believe this, but I have to believe that I have sufficient gas in the tank to make it to the next fueling station. Saying that I have to believe something is basically equivalent to saying I really really really want to (...) (21 years ago, 15-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

quiz
(score: 0.556)

  The Supremes sing another sour note

The state can favour one (presumably well connected) private individual over another, to the point of using eminent domain to take what rightfully belongs to one person and give it to another: (URL) enough, this time it was the "liberal" side that (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.552)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) I am looking at this as a vision for the future that some influential people have, and I don't like it. (...) There doesn't have to be. (...) Hmm. I don't know. The vision of "hybrid-man" sounds narcissistic and selfish-- not generally known (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.550)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) Yeah ok whatever. That is bad fashion yaya-crappola. And I really doubt this stuff has any political value to it whatever, so I seriously dislike you categorizing the 'Left' as supporting this stuff. I could point to extreme far rightists who (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

political
(score: 0.550)

More:  Next Page >>