 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 541 – 560 of about 1900.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) What do those scenarios have to do with what actually happen? If you are implying that the gang will forcibly drive customers away, then that is a straw man argument (thar ya go, John) since the Christian Right is saying that they are only (...) (21 years ago, 8-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.447)

  Re: One more reason why I'm refusing to shop in Wal*Mart

(...) You're misusing the term "straw man" as, ironically, a straw man argument. Non-applicable, a non-sequitor, too obscure, suspect TV "philosophy", perhaps. A straw man argument: The author attacks an argument which is different from, and usually (...) (21 years ago, 7-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.446)

  Re: O, Tradition!

(...) By all accounts, Atlanta doesn't really suffer from that kind of thinking, but I suppose it answers the question when people ask why there are still "black colleges" (Morehouse is in Atlanta). -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 3-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.446)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Given the vast number of sellers who do just that (especially in terms of S&H/insurance surcharges), without getting into trouble over it, I'm guessing from that that it's okay to say "If you buy X, you must also buy Y", but that it's not okay (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.446)

  Re: Some good news for a change, maybe?

(...) I just had a friend over yesterday that is involved in the project - he brought a copy of Aviation Week with him that gave some details on the project, but I didn't have a chance to look at it. I didn't even catch the issue number or have a (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: good news for a change? (poll: would you go into space?_

(...) (URL) thar ya go! If you had a chance to go into space, given the dangers or expense, would you do it? The poll does not differentiate on how you get there, it can be the Rutan thing (quick skim into space), the shuttle, Russian spam-in-a-can (...) (21 years ago, 28-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: California the great Democrat experiment

(...) Governor Moonbeam! Jerry is probably the very definition of flakey, but I always liked him. Despite coming from a political family (California Governor Pat Brown was his father, for those who don't know) he doesn't seem like the usual (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: How Will We Ever Wash the Stink of GWB Jr. Off?!

(...) Dang...I can't! Gosh, that was a painless debate. :-) -->Bruce<-- It's that circumvention of all laws that gets me: no, they aren't combatants, so they don't fall under the Geneva conventions, and yet they are held under military law so they (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Free Speech, again

(...) Gosh, all you people should read James Clavell's Shogun. You'll get "ne"'d to death. -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: California the great Democrat experiment

(...) We had Republicans George Deukmejian and Pete Wilson before Gray Davis so I wouldn't call it that much of a Democrat state (Let's toss in Nixon and Reagan, though I suppose one can counter that both of our senators are currently fairly liberal (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Patriotism or Mass Hysteria?

(...) -title of yahoo link You Chicks couldn't carry a tune if it was strapped to your backs. Your lyrics neither rhyme nor scan. Ya stink! -->Bruce<-- Last house on the left, kinda turned at a funky angle (looking out window waiting for nude (...) (21 years ago, 25-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.445)

  Re: Free Speech, again

(...) Still got 'em somewhere in the garage. Worthless, alas, while my Albedos went for something like $1000. And yes, my Mom made me throw out my X-Men and Avengers #1s (got 'em on the same day as I recall). -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

  Re: Heres a debate question for ya...

(...) FOCROFLMAO (Falling Off Chair if that part is too obscure - and here I claim not to speak Initial). The rest were pretty good (guilty on a variety of accounts). -->Bruce<-- (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

  Re: For Sean...

(...) Real baseball players stand out in the field. Reggie Jackson would turn trying to catch even the simpliest routine fly ball into an adventure. (...) Give the batters a mound - we have a mound gap! (...) First incarnation was terrible, the (...) (21 years ago, 24-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

  Re: World's Smallest Political Quiz

(...) I gave up half way through. I tried it again and got 80,40 ("Left-liberal"). I find it hard to see how a "Right-Conservative" could be against free speech or voluntary military service? I'd also love to see how taxes could be cut by 50%... (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.444)

  Re: Free Speech, again

(...) Corporations often run self-serving ads. Mobil use to have a regular paid ad in the Los Angeles Times where it spun things to it's own advantage. I stopped going to Mobil stations because they got pretty thick for a while. And I think that is (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

  Re: The U.S. Economy: The Thousand Yard Stare Through the Years

(...) Simply never saw it. In any case, it speaks for itself, I think. The only way it will really correct itself is by investors looking at the executive pay and figuring that that execs are siphoning off too much money, money that they don't (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

  Re: For some Lego is a religous experience. (Was: Re: Quantifying and Classifying the LEGO Community

(...) Given the right conditions (and we are talking about an incomprehensibly high number of planets with varying conditions), it may well be that the odds against life happening somewhere are the longshots. Atoms and molecules like to form certain (...) (21 years ago, 23-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

  Re: World's Smallest Political Quiz

"Scott A" <dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:I2L399.1nDq@lugnet.com... (...) The site you linked says "Did you discover you were a libertarian? As the results show, the overwhelming majority of the 800,000+ people who have taken (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 0.444)

  Re: "France is not a Western Country anymore"

(...) France has long had a difficult relationship with Arab countries due to its colonialism in North Africa (Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia come to mind). That reverse migration has happened only seems appropriate: the link worked both ways. There has (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 0.444)

More:  Next Page >>