 Off-Topic / Debate / 20588
Re: The U.S. Economy: The Thousand Yard Stare Through the Years
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:28:16 GMT

I am slightly disappointed that nobody has anything to say about this post.
Before Stangl jumps all over me, I am not specifically calling attention to
myself as much as the issues I hoped to raise with the original post.

Y'all can go right back to the Somnambulist Dance you were engaged in before
reading this message.

-- Hop-Frog

Simply never saw it.  In any case, it speaks for itself, I think.  The only
way it will really correct itself is by investors looking at the executive
pay and figuring that that execs are siphoning off too much money, money
that they don't really deserve, and then investing their money elsewhere
(which *is* happening to some degree due to some recent well-publicized
excesses).  Many times execs play short term games to meet some rather
artificial critieria to get a huge bonus, and then the company suffers from
the inbalance while the exec meets the letter of the law and reaps a huge
profit.  Investors can't simply hand inmates the keys and then walk off
without surpervising what is going on, which is essntially what they have
been doing.

I don't think there is anything wrong about drawing our attention to the
first post as long it isn't through self-centered whininess.

-->Bruce<--