 Off-Topic / Debate / 20595
Re: The U.S. Economy: The Thousand Yard Stare Through the Years
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:20:27 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Thomas Stangl writes:
BTW, while I agree that the US may be going to hell in a handbasket, I guess
I don't think it is quite as Planned as you think it is (me, I think that
once Bush is out of office, we might be able to pass off his term (note no
plural, hopefully) as a bump in the road, something to watch for in the
future, to avoid his many mistakes).

How could anti-american agendas like the Patriot Acts I & II be anything but
premeditated?  I mean, really -- even McCarthyism was a planned thing -- it
stank to high heaven but it was someone's specific agenda. Just like the
Inquisition and the Salem witch trials. Some idiot comes up with the idea
and then the sheep follow until they discover the noose fits just as easily
around their collective neck also.

But I tend to agree that having the Bush-ites out might improve things
considerably.

I will say this, however - your tone leaves me, and others I've spoken with,
with a tendency to take your posts with a Block of Salt (a Grain is far too
small in this case).   When your posts consistently show scorn for anyone BUT
you, it's very easy to ignore anything you say.

Well gee, if we all felt like this nobody would read your posts either Tom! =)

Just stirring things up in a good way, I hope. I guess I always imagine my
reader is a "John Neal," so I try to word things accordingly.

-- Hop-Frog