 Off-Topic / Debate / 20586
Re: The U.S. Economy: The Thousand Yard Stare Through the Years
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:49:16 GMT

I am slightly disappointed that nobody has anything to say about this post.
Before Stangl jumps all over me, I am not specifically calling attention to
myself as much as the issues I hoped to raise with the original post.

Y'all can go right back to the Somnambulist Dance you were engaged in before
reading this message.

  Part of it is that I'm so disgusted by it that I can't bear to comment,
and another reason is that I don't want to invite any lectures me re:
"they're only receiving what the market says they should receive."
  I heard or read somewhere that a number of top-performing companies have
hardcoded policies dictating that executives do not receive any bonuses if,
during the course of the year, any employees were laid-off due to downsizing
or profit loss.  In fact, those companies considered their policy to be
basic common sense.  Not so in the corporate world that I've witnessed.
  It's comical that money is the medium of value, and those who have the
money are the ones who
A) get to determine how valuable it is,

and

B) get to determine who else has access to it

     Dave!