 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1641 – 1660 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Have you hugged a terrorist today? (was: A Measured Response...)

(...) I'll grant only that we share much genetic material. Maybe even moreso than we do with, say, mold spores. (...) What would you consider a measured response? Perhaps we could invite Bin Laden to a national barbeque and have a huge love- in, (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Ok Larry: US vs Canadian Discounts

(...) this (...) I can't really say anything one way or another regarding what Larry has said about the types of markets..., it seems to make sense, but economics tends to stretch my 10 s attention span a little too far :] Now that I think about it (...) (25 years ago, 8-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: What makes a cool kid cool? (was: Re: A new area of LEGO.com: the Build section)

(...) Good post Tim, IMHO there is nothing wrong with a bit of healthy competition, in fact I think it is essential in many ways otherwise kids are going to be in for a big shock when they leave the nest and enter the real world. Ok, so it's only (...) (23 years ago, 10-May-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: They Know Where You Are!

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@...areDOTcom> wrote in message news:Hvuy9o.16uv@lugnet.com... (...) So my (...) are off (...) street (...) the (...) Yea, my apartment complex really screws up these algorithms. Each apartment in the complex (...) (21 years ago, 8-Apr-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Secret Agent Theme for 2001? (was: Re: New S@H Catalog)

(...) While the following is almost absolutely useless, it's sort of amusing... Many years ago, we were playing with MS Flight Simulator, and were playing the WWI battle game. Someone decided to see how high they could fly the plane before running (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Children and Violence

(...) One difference I see "in kind" is the "training" aspect of it. When I played cowboys and indians or whatever as a kid (actually, I think I did more "allies vs axis" WWII play than cowboys and indians), I was not being taught by my elders that (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Well, I may not be able to ... (...) Not if the interest to conform to the minimum standard is complemented by additional interest to do even better. (...) I never intended to *replace* tort law by regulations. I always thought of them as (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Iran: For peace in the region? No! For a piece *of* the region...

(...) Er, whoops. I'm an Economist subscriber (print edition) so it's no cost to me. But the point of the article, and the diagram in particular, is that Iran is more of a theocracy that has some elected (but basically powerless) appendages, than a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: *Native* (was "Re: Future Wild West Possibilities")

(...) I completely understand. Political correctness gets under my skin, also, especially when taken to the extreme. However, in this case, I think it's necessary. I mean . . . think about it. You're upset because according to the PC definition of (...) (25 years ago, 21-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Cuba

(...) If you can't define success, you can't define failure either. You asked me how I define failure, I answered. Remove "seems" if it bugs you that much and replace it with <null>. Doesn't change the definition at all. Communism has failed each (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: More on Palestine

(...) lack of clear, tangible objectives that have been communicated. There's been too much rhetoric issued from the White House. A War to eradicate Terror is just another War on Drugs - an impossible, wasted effort. Our primary goal should be to (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: My over-simplification of the anti-war movement

(...) Hi Maggie..:-) Things are not pretty here. Although the "no to US troops" decision is mainly based on the usual misorganization of our government, it quite represents the public opinion about the whole mess. This opinion of course, has both (...) (22 years ago, 1-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Pokemon (was: Harry Potter Lego Line)

(...) I discovered that I actually like Pokemon. Anyone hear an echo? :-, (...) It started from that, yes. Barbara and I have also recently started buying into some of the cooler miniatures; I currently have Cubone sitting Shiva on my computer (...) (24 years ago, 14-Jul-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Future Speech Text of George W. Bush?

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. As I speak to you America's men and women in uniform, and our British allies, are fighting for security, peace and freedom in the Persian Gulf. They're doing an outstanding job, showing bravery and skill, making our (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

(...) Surely you're not trying to imply that people who are fans of Lego but don't take part in on-line discussion groups are any less deserving of buying Lego? (I know that's not implied by your definition of 'community', which I think is (...) (26 years ago, 12-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Discussion (Was: Blue Hopper Car Mania...)

(...) have (...) That (...) of (...) you a (...) I guess that's what I mean- there would be no taxes except for about a 20% sale tax on most things (I know there's going to be folks saying what about this and that, milk, diapers, should folks on the (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: Simon (URL) I just don't want to share heaven with murderers and torturers, no (...) OK - I may dislike a lot of what Christians say but I'm with Jesse on this one. The mistake I think you're (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Cuba

(...) Because, as wise spin doctors through the ages have said, the purpose of debate (and even .debate!) is *not* to persuade the other party--rather, it's to persuade the spectators, those who do not feel so strongly in X or Y direction and (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Look, I don't claim to understand everything that is going on in Saudi Arabia. Do they sponsor terrorism? Maybe, but then why is OBL persona non grata in the Kingdom? Perhaps the right sheik doesn't know what the left sheik is sponsoring. I (...) (21 years ago, 15-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Massive Layoffs At Lego (in Enfield, CT)

(...) Blaming Canada makes sense. Lego in divesting itself of the manufacture of lego elements is following the moves of its two competitors in "system" level elements. Best Lock has ceased manufacturing its semi compatible bricks and now is the (...) (18 years ago, 28-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>