 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1021 – 1040 of 1868.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) I know of no mechanism for the voters to recall the president of the United States. Impeachment seems to be the only legal recourse. Yes, no? (...) Considering the long history of the United States, are you sure you wish to typify Gray Davis (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.185)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Or become a scofflaw and ignore it. Or rationalize rewriting the law for yourself (sometimes known as pushing the limit to see if it really is a limit): all posted speed limits are really five MPH faster than listed, or heck, this road is a (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.185)

  Re: Taxes from Lego auctions?

(...) Sold for scrap metal would suggest to me a few options: these things were so outdated they figured it's OK since every secret service in the world would have stolen at least one once (apparently not the case, as you learned stuff :) ), or the (...) (25 years ago, 25-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.185)

  Re: Bicentennial Man (spoilers, and quite lengthy)

(...) Aagh! I've been revealed as a fraud! Actually, I was trying to maximize the Scrabble value of his name, and Z is worth more than S! Anyway, "the master?" Hmm... I can't quite get behind you on that one, I'm afraid, but I do enjoy his stuff. (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.185)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Not really. I'd only object to Cheney inasmuch as he is probably just as responsible as Dubya is. I don't regard duping the American people into spending billions of dollars and the lives of American service men and women as merely "politics". (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.185)

  Re: Longest railroad (was Re: Longest train?

(...) I can attest to this. Here in Knoxville we have one cable company - now owned by Comcast. Our basic cable lineup doesn't include History, Sci-Fi, or Comedy Central. If you want those you have to pay $10 extra AND pay for a box - can't get them (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.185)

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) Most of the time, especially when the government messes with the private sector, in the ridiculous ruling against Microsoft. Especially considering the anti-trust laws are from the 1920's or 30's, which has no bearing in the marketplace today. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.185)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

Frank Filz wrote in message <386A45E1.237C@minds...ng.com>... (...) Remember what you said, stupid consumers... (...) I don't think (stupid) "consumers would quickly demand a level of packaging which would minimize waste" simply because they must (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.184)

  Re: Welcome to the Ohs

(...) Actually, if a particular thrice appearing planetary conjunction were to be interpreted as the star of bethlehem (not an unreasonable speculation, using astrological interpretation), and its first appearance did indeed happen in synch with (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.184)

  Re: A small rant...

(...) I'm getting exactly what I expected: we rolled over Saddam's army in record time with stunningly little losses, but now the venture is increasingly looked on as neo-colonialism (oh hey, let's siphon off a little of that oil because we are due (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.184)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Ah, yes, but death by Claymores was twice that, death by Haggis twice the Claymore rate, and death by Single Malt...don't even get me started! -->Bruce<-- (yes, I was named after that Bruce) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.184)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) My favorite is the sound of a cocking gun in a movie with a hammerless gun. Or sounds of Bruce Campbell racking the slide on his double-barrel shotgun. -->Bruce<-- Good, bad: I'm the guy with the keyboard. (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.184)

  Re: With Saddam's sons dead, now we just need to bag dad (Baghdad get it?)

(...) The Sons of Saddam seem to have forgotten that trite statement. Or perhaps, "He who lives be the sword, dies by the sword." So, yes, it's trite, but it also kinda backfires against David since it can also be used to explain why it happened. I (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.183)

  Re: With Saddam's sons dead, now we just need to bag dad (Baghdad get it?)

(...) Saddam wasn't particularly unstable. His actions are fairly predictable, in fact. I suppose any dictatorship is inherently unstable, but that is hardly a valid excuse in and of itself (see: all the other dictatorships that the U.S. has no (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.183)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) Shor' duz, pardner. Check out dem mighty gun-totin' wahoo-friendly Texas gun lawz! Take my stuff 'n I gets to plug you! Dem Kalifonicaters gotta actually be threatened an like, but here, if'n an orphan steal a crust o' yer bread, why shootin's (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

bruce
(score: 1.183)

  Apologies to Bruce, et al.

I was getting a little shrill and I apologize. He made very valid points both here and off-line and now that there was a cool-down time for me, I see that. Again, I'm sorry. Go about the business of fine debate. Dave K (22 years ago, 19-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

bruce
(score: 1.183)

  Re: Libertarian stuff

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John DiRienzo writes a lot of unhelpful nonsense ultimately decaying to a simple ad hominem, yet again. John, are you wholly unfamiliar with the conventions of interpersonal communication? You seem unable to mount an (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.183)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) You can get shot in any country, thank you very much, whether or not they have guns, illegal or otherwise. Did you hear of Bosnia, maybe. Chechnya (SP?) etc. Destroy what? (...) Ah, we have communities over here, Richard, whether you believe (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.183)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) I don't think so. Anyway... (...) Who just happened to make IMO, the best country the world has ever seen, where people have unparalleled freedom, etc. This concept of how evil those dead white guys are always galls me. I heard countless (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.183)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Using a country in the middle of ethnic cleansing as a comparison is hardly flattering. You can get shot in any country, but it's more likely to happen if you live in the US than say the UK. (...) I find it easy to believe, however I would (...) (25 years ago, 11-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.183)

More:  Next Page >>