 Off-Topic / Debate / 2992
Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:04:24 GMT

Jasper Janssen wrote:
No wonder Santa is able to maintain his monopoly over the toy
distribution industry: He's cornered the Christmas gift market. Santa
dares to give away his products for free in a sinister attempt to crush
all competition -- just like Microsoft's Internet Explorer. Antitrust
Lawsuit Memo to Janet Reno: Is Santa Claus the Bill Gates of Christmas?

So now antitrust laws are bad too?

Most of the time, especially when the government messes with the private
sector, in the ridiculous ruling against Microsoft. Especially
considering the anti-trust laws are from the 1920's or 30's, which has
no bearing in the marketplace today. It is a hideous example of
government being totally out of control. I wonder if they are going to
go after LEGO, for being a monopoly of building bricks, too. I will
never forget when Janet Reno, and the prosecuting attorney were up to
the press conference, smiling, almost in sheer joy announcing this
verdict. These people don't even know how to use computers half the
time, but somehow they can find Microsoft guilty? I don't think so!

Scott S.

Scott S.

Jasper

Scott E. Sanburn