 Off-Topic / Debate / 2991
Re: Is anyone happy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 1999 12:56:30 GMT

Erin Windross wrote:

Is anyone here happy Christmas is over?
I for one am. No more crowded malls (well except for boxing day), no more
circling for ages until you find a parking spot, no tearing the hair out of
another persons scalp to get to the last furby, no more anoying commercials on
TV, no more fake santas scaring you. Finally! THE HYPE IS OVER! And you know
what the great thing is?
THERE ISN'T ANOTHER COMMERCIALIZED HOLIDAY UNTIL APRIL!!

Well, for those who believe in pink elephants (That's for you, Larry P.
:) ) or God, I am glad. There is a real reason behind the season. It is
hard to work in a retail establishment and see the people just go nuts.
I rather have a nice day off, relaxing, being with family, rather then
getting a million presents or the right one or whatever. I am grateful
to whatever I get!

And I am also glad I can go to the toy aisle again without having to
resort to warfare to get to the Lego aisle! :)

Scott S.

Scott E. Sanburn
CAD Operator
Affiliated Engineers, Inc.