 Off-Topic / Debate / 2995
Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 17:22:54 GMT

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999 13:04:24 GMT, "Scott E. Sanburn"
<ssanburn@cleanweb.net> wrote:
Jasper Janssen wrote:

So now antitrust laws are bad too?

Most of the time, especially when the government messes with the private
sector, in the ridiculous ruling against Microsoft. Especially
considering the anti-trust laws are from the 1920's or 30's, which has
no bearing in the marketplace today. It is a hideous example of

Irrelevant to a court case. The law is the law, and if it is being
broken, it must be prosecuted. Not just ignorerd because some
politicians feel the law is unjust.

How would you feel if the second was effectively repealed in the way
you're apparently trying to get the antitrust laws to effectively be
repealed?

government being totally out of control. I wonder if they are going to
go after LEGO, for being a monopoly of building bricks, too. I will

But it isn't. Lego is not a monopoly, and what's a lot more important,
it doesn't do monopolistic practices. It doesn't force toyshops to
sell a lego set with every playmobil castle sold if they want to sell
lego at all, they don't make "additional sets" that are completely
useless without the basic set, and use unpublished hooks to hold the
additional sets and the basic set together.

never forget when Janet Reno, and the prosecuting attorney were up to
the press conference, smiling, almost in sheer joy announcing this
verdict.

And well she should be. Microsoft has been doing Evil things. They've
held the development of software back over the past 10 years, instead
of promoting it. That wouldn't be so bad if our society didn't depend
on computers like it does, but as it is, Microsoft is responsible for
a big part of the slump in productivity increase over the past years.

These people don't even know how to use computers half the
time, but somehow they can find Microsoft guilty? I don't think so!

"These people" meaning who? The judge? If you're saying he doesn't
know how to use computers, and how that is relevant to the case, I'd
like to see documentation.

Jasper