 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 81 – 100 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Is space property?

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) believe, (...) seem (...) As an atheist, here is my take on human rights: Rights are, as far as I can tell, a human social construct, a "base-level" set of behavioural rules that originate from (...) (24 years ago, 1-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) I wish I could locate a cite right now, but the average american believes wrongly that they are within the top 1-5% of the wealthy in the U.S. Costello believes wrongly that the average american is doing well economically, but is probably (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) No, you bury your head in the sand hoping that unpleasant facts will simply go away. ---...--- "Unprecedented verdict frees Adidas shoe worker in Indonesia" (URL) 1993 a worker named Marsinah, in a situation very similar to Ngadinah's, was (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) A firm belief in the win-win scenario. Despite my grousing, I am an optimist and an idealist. The optimal result is achieved when everybody wins. When I was in college and faced with the mind-numbing task of having to instantly recall (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

This is turning out to be a better thread than I originally surmized--I wasn't sure where to jump in, but here's a good a place as any :) (...) YOur grandpa left an oppressed country to come to "the promised land". My grandparents did the same (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I have a huge problem with the characterisation of my cogent and lucid statements (:-))as inane, or gibberish. Perhaps to someone who'd rather not honor property rights and doesn't understand why property rights matter, they're gibberish. But (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) And so there goes the myth presented by the anti-capitalists, these big fat cat tycoons light their cigars with $100 bills while their employees all slave away in sweat shops. Poor economic conditions in Iraq are the fault of the west? This is (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.021)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) The true irony here is the fact that labor laws have not improved working conditions, just relocated them. The same conditions that were so horrible in this country, now exist in under developed countries, and those manafacturing jobs that (...) (21 years ago, 2-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

Wow, I make a post, go to lunch, come back and the thread now is about me and my religion. (...) Although I do trust in the current president, and appreciate his commitment to religion, this in now way should be misinterpreted as a blind faith and (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) <snip> I remember those types of exams, and man did I hate them, I much prefered writing pages of compare and contrast etc. By you description of you study techniques you are obviously a hard worker, but you were motivated by a desire to (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) Completely agreed, but blaming Christians because of stupid Christians is as dumb as blaming Muslims for stupid Muslims is as dumb as blaming Athiests for stupid Athiests... My compassion, I like to think, comes from my Christian values, but (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) No, I am not saying anything. I am asking what the difference is. (...) Yet (some) employers do test their employees for drugs and fatigue and physical capacity to carry out tasks. Why not test for (say) malnutrition, when it's going to (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) Me clueless? maybe on somethings, but I don't thiink this is it, I just disagree with you. The only poor I live off the backs off is my grandparents who left their repressive country for a free nation where inspite of difficulty they were able (...) (21 years ago, 30-Apr-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) Are you saying that an employer is now not only responsible for providing a wage, and safe work environment, but now also has a responsibility to assure that their employees are properly fed and rested? If this is the case should a man with (...) (21 years ago, 1-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.020)

  Re: Nature of rights? (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Well, yes and no. If you know or can establish that the person you are debating has a fundamentally different view of a basic principle, and has a track record of never changing their mind, it may be that the "best" you can do is get that (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.019)

  Re: Validity testing (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) You do not have to unmake that particular omelette, only share it. Knowing your stance on property rights, I am amazed you are so lax on this{1}. Or is the whole basis of your reality based on an action of "might makes right" - even *if* we (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.018)

  Re: The nature of property (was: Idiots, Part Deux)

(...) Is it possible to move to an uninhabited planet and start all over? This planet has tangled property rights, but what about some other one? (...) Is it right to exist, or right to exist and be supported, or just right to try to exist and to be (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.017)

  Re: From Richard: "It's all bad news - Chaos is my fault"

(...) Snip onerous list, but look out, I've gone long again. (...) There is no doubt that rule of law and property rights are problems in some places. As are local tinpots (which the first world tends to prop up in the name of trade which abhors (...) (20 years ago, 29-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.016)

  Re: Matthew jumps in (was Re: Goodness of Man?, etc.)

(...) [snip] (...) Found this: (URL) I don't think you say a single word about property, let alone property rights as a foundation, though. For what it's worth: in fact, I agree strongly with your conclusion in that case. The weak link you point out (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.016)

  Re: Libertarianism again.

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote (...) Yes. How we do so is the question, not whether we do it at all. Unless you have some cost-free way of removing them from society. (...) What's "yours" is vested in you by the government, and those (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 5.014)

More:  Next Page >>