 Off-Topic / Debate / 3316
Re: Matthew jumps in (was Re: Goodness of Man?, etc.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 6 Jan 2000 19:16:16 GMT

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote:
Fair enough. I'll try to root out the cogent thread but if you want to
dig, use "life affirming" as your search words, that should get you to
it. • [snip]
I think that the argument I advanced doesn't fall into any of these.
More later, my lunch is getting cold... Well, maybe it's a variant on 1
but not merely asserted, it's based on what the nature of man is.

Found this: <http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=1776>

I don't think you say a single word about property, let alone property
rights as a foundation, though. For what it's worth: in fact, I agree
strongly with your conclusion in that case. The weak link you point out is
indeed weak, but granting that, or even not granting it, I definitely agree
that all people have rights which we must respect, and that initiating force
as a way of solving disputes is unacceptable. But I don't see any necessary
link to property.

Also: <http://www.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=3136>, but you don't put
forth a very convincing argument there. ("Take that as a given.") *grin*