 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 721 – 740 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set

(...) This is why Libertarianism breaks down because mean people suck. Not all people are good. If *everyone* had a good heart, people would be able to respect property rights AND each other's needs as well. But as it is, a heartless Bunghole is (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.747)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) Ding! I think I see the problem. It's a mistake to frame this as an issue of whether any person's rights are or are not compromised by the presence of a religious invocation on US currency. Instead, the issue should be identified as the (...) (18 years ago, 19-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.746)

  Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set

(...) Well, I think my view on it is that it's required in order to be moral... We don't 'require' people to be moral, but if they're not, then people like me call them jerks. They're not unjust, per se; they are certainly within their rights, but (...) (25 years ago, 28-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.746)

  Re: Criminal Justice

(...) I'm not uncomfortable with the thought that some people are worth more than others. If I'm at fault in an accident and total someone's junky car and you total a brand new Mercedes in a similar situation, isn't it reasonable that you have to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.746)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) It is acknowledging the religious history of this country without necessarily endorsing it. We are a nation of religious people. So what? It's not forcing you to do anything or believe anything. If there is no force or coercion behind the (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.745)

  Re: Newdow in the News (again)

(...) I would question your characterization of two of our governmental branches being under control of fundamentalists. They may be under conservative control, but that doesn't mean that they will kowtow to the fundamental right. I am not in favor (...) (18 years ago, 16-Jun-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 0.745)

  Re: Peruvian Indians [Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks]

(...) John, "They" would say that their attacks are in response to Israeli oppression and murder. Indeed, there is little doubt that the current Intifada started with Sharon’s deliberately provocative trip to Haram al-Sharif. Further, there is (...) (22 years ago, 9-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.743)

  Shutting things down--(was-Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks)

(...) There was a scene from 'Sports Night'... A group of religious zealots called in a bomb threat to the local radio station because they didn't like the morning show DJ doing an imitation of Jesus. The reason they didn't like the imitation? The (...) (22 years ago, 8-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.742)

  The Right To Exploit (WAS: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer User Agreement)

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in article <G3oFGo.JED@lugnet.com>... (...) it. (...) it, (...) do (...) one (...) alternate (...) Todd, your last statement has an odd ring to it. Perhaps you can elaborate. You are a person who (rightly so) (...) (24 years ago, 9-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.742)

  Re: Is the Palestinian Cause Dead? The Latest Terror Attacks

(...) Maybe because the international court is something no sane nation should support "as is." The lack of rights to a fair jury trial, language translator, and legal counsel are the 3 biggest reasons to NOT support the international court. It (...) (22 years ago, 5-Aug-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.742)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

(...) I thought I'd made it clear that I do not believe in theft. I think all of us here respect property rights. Where we disagree is that the money that you claim you should not be paying in tax is money that I believe was never rightfully yours (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.739)

  Re: slight

(...) You have misidentified me, sir. I do not find it vexing in the least when people omit the (tm) on things. I personally could care less about the entire matter, except for the slight fact that I have trademarks that I have invested effort in (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 0.738)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

<37D44B67.BC996AD6@voyager.net> <FHtIB8.M2G@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) I'm replying to you in this thread so it may seem like I'm picking on you. I don't intend that it seem that way (...) (25 years ago, 10-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.738)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

Warning: LONG MESSAGE! (...) Yep. As I said before, I was curious as to whether or not this was more a straight consequentialist argument or one of both consequence and underlying morality. I didn't see the morality put forth directly, just kind of (...) (25 years ago, 9-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.738)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) My original point was to figure out your stance on morality. Your initial posts seemed rather ignorant of charity, and focused on justice solely. More specifically, on consequences of actions. Anyway, yeah, the point modified itself. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.737)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

<37D44B67.BC996AD6@voyager.net> <FHpz7x.MKI@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Good, I am glad that you feel that way, it's a stance I've sort of started to take without getting a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.737)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) on (...) don't (...) it (...) and (...) migrated. (...) in (...) OK, your original point was to show that morally we could decide which person deserved the bread, and I pointed out that it is very hard, with (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.737)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

(...) But Larry appears to be making what to me look like some rather strange connections. Leaving aside the question of the morals of taxation - which I'll comment on below, we have: 1. I have consistently argued that it is right for Governments to (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.737)

  christian morals are inferior to tolerant morals

(...) Why not? You'll have to present an argument other than "from authority" to convince me differently. Assuming we've named all the stakeholders, and they're all consenting adults who actually consented (posit this for the sake of the argument, (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.737)

  Re: slight

(...) Well, I am not the one claiming to be a messenger of something that no one wants to hear about in debate. John is claiming such a thing, in addition to all other kinds of rights to judge others via morals, politics, what have you...maybe not (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.736)

More:  Next Page >>