 Off-Topic / Debate / 17164
Re: slight
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 22:24:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, James Brown writes:
I really have no particular desire to get into what seems to be a private
battle here, but calling John out for his beliefs and saying he isn't a
Christian because he doesn't follow a strictly biblical teaching isn't
entirely fair or accurate.

Well, I am not the one claiming to be a messenger of something that no one
wants to hear about in debate.  John is claiming such a thing, in addition
to all other kinds of rights to judge others via morals, politics, what have
you...maybe not in this specific thread, but often and in a hundred other ways.

BTW, I don't personally have anything against John besides what he has said
and done here in debate.  And the battle is not strictly private between he
and I, my position in the debate is a rotating position (except that I will
never take it up again because there is no point whatever in debating
someone who doesn't even know what he wants to argue or why he wants to
argue it). Others have taken and do take what has been my position
(opposition to John's nonsense) from time to time.

John isn't doing a great job of defending himself in this thread, but it may
simply be that he isn't as experienced at defending as you are at attacking.

Then he should not participate in debate.  I kinda thought this would be his
one area of some expertise. Exactly what kind or quality of messenger is he
supposed to be?  It's not a joke -- I hoped for more from him. As it stands
I think I can assert unequivocally that most of us debate regulars know a
good deal more about the Bible and the teachings of Jesus than John will
ever apparently know. So he can find another crowd to preach to as far as I
am concerned -- we've heard his stammerings and found the messenger wanting.

-- Hop-Frog