 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 701 – 720 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Polyamory

(...) No, I'm sure he means State/Government. If you distil "society" (as you're referring to it here) down, it amounts to two forces: - market (in that if "society" frowns upon certain activities, there will be influence on cost/benefit analysis (...) (24 years ago, 15-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) There you go again, mixing theory with practice. In _theory_, someone/some committee _with all the information_ making decisions can do better (as measured by the utilitarian principle) than the free market. Much in the same way that in (...) (25 years ago, 22-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

(...) What a cop out. Why wait? You'll NEVER figure out ALL the details, nor will anyone else. All you can do is set up a system in which there is a clear, and just, way to resolve issues, and rights are protected. That's what Libertarians are (...) (25 years ago, 13-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: slight

(...) Well, I am not the one claiming to be a messenger of something that no one wants to hear about in debate. John is claiming such a thing, in addition to all other kinds of rights to judge others via morals, politics, what have you...maybe not (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) This point is valid. There is no perfect society and Libertarianism does not claim to be able to achieve one. It merely claims to be able to make things better. (...) Answer this question yourself, please. I know why it failed. I suspect you (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I agree. I've actually thought a plan of universal reversible sterilization would do just fine, with some form of proof of worthiness to be un-sterilized. The worthiness part is the tricky part - I know I'm not qualified to make decisions like (...) (25 years ago, 7-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Thinking Out Loud...

(...) "Akin" in what sense? That they are fundamentalist Muslims? That they abuse human rights? (...) Hard yes, impossible no. Ending Soviet communism was hard. Ending apartheid was hard. (...) Perhaps policy is a better word; a liberal policy (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) Healthcare is definitely the toughest nut to crack here. The problem is that essentially for anyone in the world, there is a medical condition which would take more resources to treat than they themselves own (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I guess you mean a duplex. Sure, why not? Especially given the current state of the law that makes it so freakin difficult to get rid of losers once you find out they're scummy and you don't want them or their loud, dirty, possibly dangerous (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

I was catching up on this group when I read this post. This post by Lar is 100% right on. Why are there 46 more posts left in this thread for me to read??? I hope its a bunch of puns, as I can't see anything left to debate. I guess all hell has (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) The one that will get Bill Gates is the one we can't cure yet. Same as what got Princess Diana. We currently cannot save people that get crushed to 1/2 their volume and aren't extricated and gotten to the hospital that very instant. It did not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

"Christopher L. Weeks" wrote: <snip> (...) OK, the first person who knows this song wins the debate: "...i've been called a communist because i'm left-handed/that's the hand to use.../well, nevermind." other lines (if you need a hint): "i've been (...) (25 years ago, 30-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Unless I'm missing something you're assigning a causative relationship between religious background and the commonality of "rights" and other(?) socio-legal constructs. In effect, you're saying that these notions of rights are demonstrably not (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: The War That Never Ends

(...) There is zero proof Iraq was harboring anyone plotting moves against the U.S. AQ, in particular, is supra-national. Cells may exist in as many as 60 countries including the U.S. Are we going to go after them all, John? (...) Freedom from being (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.017)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) Actually, it's an old law. And the guy didn't just utter the f-word a few times, he was all aggro-ed out, and shouting so people a fair distance away could hear him, and on and on. Personally, I don't care what language he was using. He (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

James Brown <galliard@shades-of-night.com> wrote: Not really responding to what James wrote, although I think it made sense. Just jumping in again. Brought up Larry's (and what I assume are the LP's) opinions on the government health care thing (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) It does. A quick search will turn it up online. I shan't provide the free good of doing your research for you in this case. I went out and bought a copy in the bookstore because I wanted to be able to read it on the plane. Note that the papers (...) (25 years ago, 5-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I'm going to refer you to the federalist papers on this, and they're a hard slog, believe me, I'm re-reading them now, as I periodically do. Summarizing, though: I acknowledge that a quick read of the phrase "LL&PH" may leave one with the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

Thomas Main wrote in message <3779144D.DC72D75@ap...te.edu>... (...) Ah, just what the doctor ordered - good, teenage humor. When you can't argue, just hit 'em below the belt. Thomas, I don't know you very well, but I have now read a couple posts of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.016)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

<3784B28D.82177A5A@voyager.net> <FEK6nL.DDI@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit (...) Bully for you. Some public schools are better, some are worse. Point is that parents have no recourse when (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.016)

More:  Next Page >>