 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 421 – 440 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: The partisian trap in California

(...) Just because you ask this question repetitiously doesn't mean it hasn't been answered already, either directly or by a link to an article somewhere. I have answered this question multiple times in this forum before it was asked by you. And (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.861)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

Asked and answered ad nauseum. You want justification? I don't need any more than the law of the land on my side as far as I am concerned. You claim the law doesn't say what I claim it does, but my actions and those of thousands like me and unlike (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.858)

  Re: The Blood of Patriots & Tyrants (was Re: Sticking my gun...etc.)

(...) Are you joking? "A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." What the heck do you think it says? Well allow me to translate this into modern (...) (21 years ago, 24-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.858)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) The two ideas are not really related. An informed citizenry does not automatically follow just because of the mere existence of civil rights. The existence of civil rights should help one be an informed citizen, but it is in no way a political (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.858)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) And we're right back to the beginning. I went to university, I minored in poli-sci and, occasionally, I went to class...(1) I had to read your constitution. I studied your laws. I looked at the democratic process. Not once did it say in *any* (...) (21 years ago, 23-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.857)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) And if there was a revolt today against Dubya, why do you think it would not be a war time scenario, or that the opposition wouldn't form into an army? Or that the armed opposition wouldn't have come from home? And the point was that you kept (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.857)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Wasn't it a massive insurrection against a tyranny? Didn't the newly started country raise a rather large army to ward off the Brits? Wasn't it, then, really, an army against an army? Whether you Yanks partook in gurrilla warfare in the woods (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.857)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Uh, that is seriously a load of crap. The U.S. is practically a warzone depending on where you live and the color of your skin. I have mentiond here before that I know of several instances of police abuse amongst people I know -- immediate (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.857)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) My vote has no power at all. The power of the people is derived from their status of being collectively stronger than the military forces of the government. I seriously doubt that will ever need to be used, but so long as the government has (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.856)

  "MP3s Are Not the Devil" By Orson Scott Card

MP3s Are Not the Devil By Orson Scott Card (URL) I think there are some people that might have missed this elsewhere but that also read this author's stuff. I have yet to read anything by him but this article, but I understand he's supposed to be (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.856)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) I could not resist to comment: 1-americans must *really* feel lonely, at 1.4 per home! (*) 2-Those 200million guns (or whatever the figure) can never work as one. For starters, no wanna-be-oppressor would be dumb enough not to have a power (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.856)

  Re: Views on asylum seekers?

(...) Of course if tbey come in and don't respect property rights, they will find themselves detained, and possibly sent back where they came from. (...) And we have demonstrated that such collections are pretty effective, even as people complain (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 0.854)

  A letter to the Editor

The Backround: For the past 3 weeks the local paper I get, has been printing letters from people who were very dismayed over the strides toward legalizeing Gay marriages and other "sexually deviant" behavior. They were calling it "UnAmerican" and (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 0.853)

  Re: Million Mom March

Christopher Weeks wrote in message ... (...) least (...) I would be in favor of a gun "license", however, I would like to see any group who can show that their are serious about how they give out the license being able to give them out (a huge (...) (24 years ago, 13-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.852)

  Re: Finally some church/state mingling that I can really get behind!

(...) But they don't 'dodge a tax burden' here. If they have land here, then they pay property tax here. Further, if they own land here, chances are they visit said land and therefore spend other monies here as well. Whether or not they spend more (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.851)

  Re: kids schooling (was :Re: Standardized tests (was: Yummy!))

(...) Parse error alert: "they" has an ambiguous antecedent. Parents or Montessori? (arguably must be Montessori, since the method can't speak to parent level of abuse, so you can't say it's not part of the method) (...) If I could afford it, I (...) (24 years ago, 8-May-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.850)

  Re: Newsbits: CA Recall

(...) Well-said. This country was built on immigration--I'm second-generation American myself. Legal immigration should be cheap, if not easy (we value dearly what we acquired dearly). Immigration should be for the purpose of becoming an American (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.849)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) Please please please, don't anyone remove that key syllable, thank you. The new Victoria's Secret catalog just came, you'll have to excuse me while I go study it closely. (1) (...) I certainly understand the first quoted statement you make in (...) (25 years ago, 29-Jun-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights, property
(score: 0.848)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) Okay... Let me toss out a few numbers to put this a bit more into perspective: Scotland Population (ca. 1991): 5,102,400 Population Density: 169/sq. mi. US Population (ca. 2000): 281,421,906 (55x Scotland) Population Density: 80/sq. mi. (0.47x (...) (21 years ago, 10-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 0.845)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) No I don't care about what is legal or illegal. I care about what is morally right and wrong. If it is rape, murder, or stealing it is morally wrong by any religion or lack thereof. If it is defending ones life and property, even if that means (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, property
(score: 0.845)

More:  Next Page >>