 Off-Topic / Debate / 22112
Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 23:57:43 GMT

America 200 years ago was fundamentally different than America today.  It has
evolved beyond the point of needing guns in the hands of the citizens to
protect itself.  Your vote has more power than your gun.

My vote has no power at all. The power of the people is derived from their
status of being collectively stronger than the military forces of the
government. I seriously doubt that will ever need to be used, but so long as the
government has the knowlegde it could be, they can never take our rights.

It's called democracy and it
works.  How do I know?  'Cause I see other countries where guns aren't used and
yet somehow democracy works there.

There is no such democracy. Even in Canada you still have hunting rifles and
such. There is no such thing through out history as a 'free' society where the
people are not armed.

-Mike Petrucelli