 Off-Topic / Debate / 22113
22112  |  22114
Subject:
The Unstraight story
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 00:25:36 GMT

Bush: No evidence Saddam was involved in 9/11 attacks

http://cnn.usnews.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&expire=10%2F17%2F2003&urlID=7581950&fb=Y&partnerID=2004

“There’s no question that Saddam Hussein had al Qaeda ties,” the president said. But he also said, “We have no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved with the September 11” attacks.

The president’s comment was in line with a statement Tuesday by Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, who said he not seen any evidence that Saddam was involved in the attacks.

Yet, a new poll found that nearly 70 percent of respondents believed the Iraqi leader probably was personally involved. Rumsfeld said, “I’ve not seen any indication that would lead me to believe that I could say that.”

There it is, AGAIN -- the denial of the precise equation that they are hoping you bought into, and indeed that many did buy into. They believed the PR campaign proffered as justification of the war, and now the administration is cementing it’s denial of the very information that coerced the american people to take up arms in the first place. To those paying attention the white house people seem fairly unethical; to those not paying attention the administration personnel have created the circumstances that let them off the hook: “Well, see, we denied that on such and such a date.” Of course, if I had the will I could show where these people -- from the president on down -- are talking out of both sides of their mouths. You can google it for yourself...

You’ve been hoodwinked. You’ve been had. You’ve been took. You’ve been led astray, run amok. You’ve been bamboozled. -- Malcolm X

Amen, Brother Malcolm! And let’s not forget that many of the people in our armed services that are paying in blood for our misjudgments are people of color.

-- Hop-Frog