 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3961 – 3980 of about 12000.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Merry Christmas from the Libertarian Party

(...) I'm not running for office. <crowd sounds of huge sigh of relief> Not the same standards of behaviour. However, I can honestly say that I never swiped anything. And as for drugs, which you didn't ask, I freely admit that I've used them. The (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) The religion of the believers and followers of Jesus the Christ (Messiah). (...) Jesus' teachings were obviously important, but don't forget His work as Savior, dying for the sins of all people and thereby justifying the world to God. JOHN (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Yet. Courage is standing up for something you believe in the face of the consequences - that the other side has turned out too gutless to do anything about it doesn't change that. I (...) Let me introduce you to my counter-argument: Winchester (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Which doesn't mean a thing if they are in violation of the constition. That's the whole point in doing this kind of thing - to test the law. Gotta admire their courage. (...) What a frivilous and idiotic misuse of the amendment process - just (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

(...) In your original statement, you said "hose" when I assume you meant "house". I was just making fun (sorry for being off-topic...) (...) To a pure Libertarian, laws telling you that your store must serve anyone regardless of race (ect), are an (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) Sorry. I was referring to those performing the marriages. California's Prop 22 specifically bans same-sex marriage! I mean, what the hey? (...) This is the problem. Nothing seems to matter-- federal law or state law. Both are in effect and yet (...) (21 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: Brad - TLC needs to minimize packaging

(...) Well, I don't think it would be any easier to hose 1000 loose balls than 1000 boxed ones, but it would certainly do less damage to the product, however, the hose really should be aimed at the teenage jerks who play ball in the toy store (...) (25 years ago, 29-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) But the trick, for outsiders like me, is that there doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to accept one group's system of beliefs in preference to any other group's. Throughout history there have been innumerable groups whose methods of (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) And how did Bush become “president”? Was it by listening to the "will of the people"? John: face facts. Bush mixes religion and politics in a rather ugly way when it suits him; this is just another example of that. Iraq showed us all that Bush (...) (21 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found

(...) Not to me. Case in point: the Libertarians. They have made woeful progress as a party, besides the fact that they have some good ideas. Trying to change incrimentally from within either party rather than all at once in their own ineffectual (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: Couple of interesting screeds from a site I just found

(...) That may be true, but that's a classic example of cutting off one's nose to spite one's face. Republicans might, no will, disagree with Bush on certain issues, but they will certainly disagree with Kerry on virtually all issues. (...) This (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: codifying marriage on biblical principles

(...) I quoted the salient text of the SOTU below: (...) "A strong America must also value the institution of marriage. I believe we should respect individuals as we take a principled stand for one of the most fundamental, enduring institutions of (...) (21 years ago, 8-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: Is Nader really THAT stupid, or just a secret lapdog of GWB?

(...) Hey, that reminds me of something I occasionally think about. Since all politicians are corrupt, but they're all we have to work with, what works best? Two parties that may both marginally represent an insignificant portion of your interests, (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.311)

  codifying marriage on biblical principles

Despite being a big fan of Simon Hoggart’s parliamentary sketches, I am not so keen on his weekend column. However, I did enjoy this: (URL) Holy matrimony: the authorised version> As George Bush tries to make gay marriage a key election issue, a (...) (21 years ago, 7-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.311)

  Re: Brad Justus' Comments - Why Complain?

Okay, I see that my intent was not clearly stated. I will give it another attempt. I was trying to present the idea that for those who disagree with Lego's comments about what is okay with them regards posting of retailer information, just because (...) (25 years ago, 27-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 0.311)

  global warming

Hey all, just thought I would post a link to two reports that I just found. Currious what kinda of debate could grow from them: (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Commanche helicopter

(...) No I didn't, Neb, you've cleaned out all my words but not my name, you just need to be a bit more careful with the >'s. (...) And there's no such system as an RPG missile defence system, but apart from that I liked your post. Steve (21 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Is Nader Really a Threat to Democracy?

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:HtrMwH.7KL@lugnet.com... (...) community (...) of (...) represent (...) then I (...) Many of my fellow employees are shareholders. They benefit when the company benefits. The (...) (21 years ago, 28-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Is Nader Really a Threat to Democracy?

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam....away.com> wrote in message news:Htr6A9.1wy9@lugnet.com... (...) I think pork-barrel spending leads to corruption, but all hail the community so noble that they refuse to accept it. The lobbiests are at the root (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.310)

  Re: Is Nader really THAT stupid, or just a secret lapdog of GWB?

"Scott A" <dr_scott_arthur@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:HtJ8tJ.uAt@lugnet.com... (...) Kerry a "grass roots Democrat"? Whatever that means... (...) Camp (...) ...because it's all about revenge and unlawful imprisonment. Too bad they don't (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.310)

More:  Next Page >>