 Off-Topic / Debate / 23421
Re: Is Nader Really a Threat to Democracy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:48:51 GMT

"Don Heyse" <dheyse@hotmail.spam.go.away.com> wrote in message

Hey, that reminds me of something I occasionally think about.  Since
all politicians are corrupt, but they're all we have to work with, what
works best?

I think pork-barrel spending leads to corruption, but all hail the community
so noble that they refuse to accept it.  The lobbiests are at the root of
the pork.  The lobbiests represent corporations - and corporations represent
their workers (if my employer gets tax incentives to be where it is, then I
get a job where I am - and you won't see me complaining).

Two parties that may both marginally represent an insignificant
portion of your interests, or many parties, one of which may marginally
represent your interests a bit more than the others?

You're assuming that a party can only marginally represent one's interests.
I can think of at least one fringe party that would represent my interests
much more than the two Republicrat parties we have now.