 Off-Topic / Debate / 23405
Re: Commanche helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 22:36:33 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Neb Okla wrote:

"Mladen Pejic" <mladenpejic@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane wrote:

No I didn't, Neb, you've cleaned out all my words but not my name, you just need
to be a bit more careful with the >'s.

Look at all the Blackhawks and Apaches that have been lost in Afghanistan and
Iraq. A lot have been damaged by the simplest of weapons, namely the RPG-7 and
assorted Kalashnikov rifles/machineguns.

I'm not aware of any cases where military helicopters have been downed by
handheld rifles and machine guns.

The RPG's seem to work though - and that's where a lot of the RAH-66 funding
is supposedly going.  RPG/AA Missile defense systems for helicopters.

And there's no such system as an RPG missile defence system, but apart from that
I liked your post.

Steve