 Off-Topic / Debate / 23404
Re: Commanche helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:03:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Miguel Agullo wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Mladen Pejic wrote:

   even you have to admit that their reporting of Gulf War II, and the fallout from it, was biased.

I was trying real hard not to post. But this is outright laughable.

When you say that the BBC is/was biased, are you taking into account that pretty much throughout the whole recent war in Iraq a full ONE THIRD of the *American public* mistakenly believed that WMDs had been found in Iraq? And that a 22% believed they had actually been used against the British and US troops?

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&c2coff=1&q=A+third+of+the+American+public+believes+U.S.+forces+have+found+weapons+of+mass+destruction+in+Iraq

Given that kind of mass misleading by the American media (who else to blame?), may I please ask that you tone down your (highly offending to some of us) accusations? If only because to some of us, the BBC and Lego represent two of the highest modern achievements of mankind. Way way way higher than any weapon system that you can think of.

I totally agree. Also, the British government recently employed Lord Hutton to chair an inquiry into the BBC’s behaviour and came up with a complete whitewash of a report besmirching the BBC’s good name.

Steve