 Off-Topic / Debate / 23393
Re: Commanche helicopter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:04:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Mladen Pejic wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Steven Lane wrote:
   The U.S army has cancelled the Commanche helicopter program.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=aTaDFSD81RLI&refer=us

Which is a shame as I only saw one on the TV the other day.

They’ve also cancelled the rather cool crusader self-propelled artillery.

a cold war weapon.

Steve

Correction: it’s the actual codename for this project is RAH-66 “Comanche”.

Also check out this great BBC article. And yes, I know the BBC is biased, but I think this article is worth a read.

What makes you say that?

Scott A