 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3201 – 3220 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I had a conversation with fellow rtlTers about this very thing-- "Hey, what if some gay person showed up at our train show?" Who cares? "What if he or she brought a rainbow coloured LEGO brick boxcar to put on the layout?" First of all, that'd (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Geobra Society

Hello! Being a Playmobil-lover I always felt somewhat to be the odd one out at AFOL meetings. For many years Playmobil has been one of my most important inspirations for building with LEGO. There are so many things in the Playmobil universe that (...) (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX) !!

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Here's an answer for you: I "do good," as you put it, because I have spent time thinking about life, the universe, and my role in it and have decided based on my own observations that mean people suck. I don't believe in any god, but I do (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Let me ask you this: If tomorrow you found out for 100% certain that God didn't exist, would you still do good things? Or would you breathe a sigh of releif and start raping babies? I think we do good because we want to. Now, you may think (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Rob, I know that you are trying to point out that it would be absurd to have a bunch of groups like that, however I do believe that any group that chooses to self identify and is genuinely interested in community building should be allowed to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Fair and Balanced, as always.

(...) Well, I beg your pardon, but has the document been proven to be a forgery? And, if so, has CBS been shown to have had foreknowledge that it was forged? No? Then it's not at all inaccurate to refer to it as a "possibly incorrect aspect of a (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Nicely put Bruce. Let me put it this way. I go to Brickfest and I see 280 lego enthusist. Who's gay and who's not. Hey is that chick straight or a lesbian? Hey, that guy over there kinda looks gay but I'm sure the hell not going to go over and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I agree with you Allister. If there was a gay newsgroup on LUGNET, and someone posted sexual material (of whatever preference), then that would be in violation of the TOS. But if people posting to a gay LUGNET newsgroup never mentioned (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"Teddy Welsh" <ewelsh@wsc.ma.edu> wrote in message news:I40H0H.1yKv@lugnet.com... (...) Great idea! And while we're at it, I'd like to suggest the following groups be made to further separate people away from the reason why we come to lugnet in the (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org) !

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: The Brick Testament: A Family Stoned and a City Massacred

(...) I think I presented this poorly. I was trying to articulate a few basic reasons for worship, and my problems with those reasons. Anyway, doesn't God require worship, at least to achieve the professed reward? I'm not saying that a (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Wow, lots of controversy here, Teddy! I think this thread has really brought out the homophobic in many AFOLs. I mean, what are people talking about when they say they just want this site to be safe for kids? Aren't we a bunch of AFOLs? (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?

(...) However, daily I read news items like -- (URL) mean, a person gets fired over a bumper sticker? I'm sure that if someone were to do some research, they'd find someone who may have been shown the door 'cause they had a 'Bush/Cheney' sticker on (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Of course they weren't--that's what makes the parable so good-- See Jesus says that the 'God' folk passed on helping the beat up sod in the gutter, but the Samaritan, without being a believer, was the only one who had the compassion to help (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) John, I have mixed views on this but I'm pretty sure Ed is a nice guy who would not want to offend anyone and he would make sure all his posts fell within the ToS. So before we talk about what is "family-safe", why not cancel your posts which (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?

(...) You mean like his cocaine abuse, his as yet untreated alcoholism, his obvious Daddy Issues, his inability to accept responsibility for anything, and his inability to keep from failing at any business venture not expressly handled on his (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.330)

  Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?

(...) Sure, you can change the subject and Move On to that stuff if you want, but I meant the interesting implications of the forgeries, alluded to by the "secret plot" bit in the subject header. I suppose it's possible that this is all just a silly (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.329)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Teddy, I thought Belville was the Gay newsgroup? Wait a minute...Gays have the power of invisibility?! Cooool. As a man with a record of staunch heterosexuality...well...except for that junior-high towell snapping incident that got out of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

all
(score: 0.329)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I happen to not understand why the homosexual AFOLs would want to ghettoize themselves that way either. And I'm not going to cry about it if there's no support for creating such a club. It doesn't affect me particularly. AND, I think it's (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.329)

  Fair and Balanced, as always.

(URL) let me see if I have this straight. Robert Novak, a stain on the fabric of humanity, faces no pressure for his deliberate and knowing leak of a CIA operative's name (a Federal crime) in an apparent effort to intimidate a critic of Bush, and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.329)

  Re: Microsoft and IBM in secret plot?

(...) On what basis do you conclude that these documents are forgeries? I remind you that the claims re: non-availability of font-type; non-availability of proportional spacing; and non-availability of super-script have all been thoroughly refuted. (...) (20 years ago, 14-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.329)

More:  Next Page >>