 Off-Topic / Debate / 25693
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Sep 2004 01:46:26 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Allister McLaren wrote:
In lugnet.admin.suggestions, Edward Welsh wrote:

A few thoughts, anyway, that I'd love to pursue further.  Interest?
Administrative support?

-Teddy

Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does sexual preference have to do with
building with LEGO? I always saw it as a fairly asexual enterprise. Am I missing
a whole field of exploration here?

Allister

I agree with you Allister.  If there was a gay newsgroup on LUGNET, and someone
posted sexual material (of whatever preference), then that would be in violation
of the TOS.  But if people posting to a gay LUGNET newsgroup never mentioned
anything sexual at all, then there wouldn't really be any point to having a
seperate newsgroup for gay people.  There's never been a subgroup for
heterosexuals, and I've gotten along just fine.

If LUGNET decides to make a subgroup for gay members, then others will start
asking for more subgroups for every single type of person who's out there
(Catholics, midgets, retired people, Mexicans, blondes, etc, etc, etc...).  None
of those things have anything to do with LEGO, so there wouldn't really be any
point in new subgroups.

David "Fuzzy" Gregory