 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 2001 – 2020 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Well, before you snipped it, the particular point being discussed was PDA. (...) The point I was trying to make is that sexuality is private thing and that overt attempts to disclose personal matters is appropriate IMO. (...) ARRRG (not (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Do you mean because we'd have a situation where officials would trump up charges to enslave innocents, or are you arguing that someone guilty of a crime with a victim (who has forfeited his rights because he would not acknowledge that others (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: "The Constitution is what the judges say it is"

(...) That's a ridiculous statement. And it is so poorly supported by any meaningful argument as to be pointless to debate the matter. (...) No, that would be false. GWB might wish to errode my rights, but that would be what is so great about our (...) (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) Whatever we in Germany have set down as basic rights can only be changed with 2/3 (instead of 1/2) of the votes. Not a perfect solution, but there has to be a legal way to change things that don't work well, even with basic rights ... :wq (...) (23 years ago, 24-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Handgun Death Rate

(...) One does not need guns do defend rights. Most of Europe does not have guns under their beds but we are still here. I feel safe that HM Gov is not about to oppress me. Even though you have the right to own a gun, you still fear what your (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Why not Both?

(...) In effect what you are doing here is inventing you're own God. Because the God of the Bible DOESN'T fit what you'd like him to be, you decide that you cannot believe in that God. From whence did you get any rights you may have? I believe in (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(...) Mr. Hagen shouldn't quit his day job at the public teet for a career in comedy. He might have a promising career as a professional hypocrite, however. Hagen equates being a republican to being gay. Certainly one can change their party on a (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

You appear to view human rights a luxury which is great if it can be afforded economically. I view them as being rather more fundamental than that. As I said before, Turkey will not get in the EU until it gets itself in order. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 29-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Gotta love Oracle...

(...) But who, then, decides what those rights should be. You? Me? Thinking over it, I would prefer the second ;-) :wq Horst (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) Yup. I have taken the MBTI (as well as others) on multiple occasions, and I don't think I've ever gotten the same result twice. Extrovert vs Introvert is a particularly bad one for me - I exhibit characteristics of both, and different people (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!

(...) Does it say anything about the rights of Republican voters? :) (...) So you disagree with Hood's proposal? I guess I was assuming you were agreeing, but that is admittedly pretty presumptious of me. (...) I don't think gay marriage is the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Feb-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Girlfriends Guardians!!!

(...) When I said "that" I was referring to someone being tagged as a sex offender (for statutory rape if both parties "consent", that is, no violence was involved, and both parties are under age. (yes they might be below the age of consent...)) for (...) (23 years ago, 2-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Libertarianism again.

Scott Edward Sanburn <ssanburn@aeieng.com> wrote (...) There is no constitution, New Zealand is a monarchy. The bill of rights actually uses the word "equitable" (from memory) and of course the idea of a free country is at the heart of our desire (...) (25 years ago, 8-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Libertarian SPAM (Propaganda)

(...) A random thought just jumped into my head... Where would the civil rights movement be had the segregationist states NOT used the National Guard to attempt to quell the demonstations? Recently (actually on my way to the April Baylug meeting), I (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Around we go again...

(...) For the benifit of other readers: (URL) 16. (1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Polyamory

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G5pyGI.Dss@lugnet.com... (...) my (...) usage. Well, there was that time you were curious about my doctortate. (...) fiat (...) Not my point Larry. However, you are still wrong. Much (...) (24 years ago, 17-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Hold your fire?

(...) Scott, I know of the work of Human Rights Watch, but who funds eurasianet? I couldn't find any references on their site. Thanks. There are dozens of tribes in the region and you can't tell who's doing what to whom without a detailed scorecard. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

Sproaticus wrote in message <3742D2BB.99927A6E@g...es.com>... (...) different (...) to (...) it (...) everyone! (...) If semantics means understanding the correct definition of the words we use, I guess. I am glad you figured out what I meant. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) I think you have crystallized why the abortion issue is so thorny, because it deals with 2 issues at the same time. Maggie is right that woman should have the right to do what they will with their bodies. But the fact is that a fetus *in* a (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

  Re: Polyamory

(...) Provide a cite please. That is, show how your set of rights are *harder to change* than ours, not that they currently give you more or less freedom. (1) That's the point I'm making, which you missed. 1 - they give you less, regardless of what (...) (24 years ago, 16-Dec-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights
(score: 1.976)

More:  Next Page >>