 Off-Topic / Debate / 27639
Re: At last, some family-values legislation I can really get behind!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:10:22 GMT

   Good luck, Mr. Hagan!

Hagan admitted that he has no scientific evidence to support the above claims. Just as `Hood had no scientific evidence’’ to back his assertion that having gay parents was detrimental to children, Hagan said.

Mr. Hagen shouldn’t quit his day job at the public teet for a career in comedy. He might have a promising career as a professional hypocrite, however.

Hagen equates being a republican to being gay. Certainly one can change their party on a whim. Can one change their sexual orientation? His implication is that being gay and being republican are two, mutually exclusive qualities. He should stick to the losing game plan of liberals equating “gay rights” to the black civil rights movement.

Mr. Hagen introduces this bill to make a “very serious point”, but how seriously can we take his whine on this complete waste of time on the taxpayers’ dime? (I shudda been a rapper!) Mr. Hagen should leave the “lampooning” to the professionals, namely MAD Magazine. Perhaps he might find his currently effort featured in an upcoming feature!

But what I found most revealing is the wording of his “bill”.

“To further lampoon Hood’s bill, Hagan wrote in his mock proposal that `credible research’’ shows that adopted children raised in Republican households are more at risk for developing `emotional problems, social stigmas, inflated egos, and alarming lack of tolerance for others they deem different than themselves and an air of overconfidence to mask their insecurities.‘’

My bet is that Mr. Hagen actually does believe these things about republicans; from where else is he getting this list (if not projecting;-) The irony is telling, if not pathetic.

I’m sure the tolerant Mr. Hagen will have no problem with polygamist families adopting children as well. How about centenarians? What bigotry, discriminating against the elderly! Disgusting!

If democrats want to get serious and run this country, they’d better clean house of “humorists” such as Mr. Hagen. He’s a liability.

I assume that your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek, Dave!?

JOHN