 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1081 – 1100 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: slight

(...) Once again I have to reiterate--there are many knowledgable and well learned folks partaking in these debates. Thanks for the intriguing posts. I uphold a system in which Larry can believe what he chooses to believe, as I uphold a system in (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Ticket prices going up

Larry is 100% correct here. His uncharacteristic succinctness is probably just his not wanting to get sucked back into OTD, just as I do not wish to be sucked back in either. But the law must actually be more than merely "just." It has to make sense (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)

(...) At least some disagreement here... I don't want to ever register the weapon. I should have to show at least some proficiency, but not to an excessive degree. Societal interest is such that I should show that I am not a danger when using a gun, (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) One issue at a time, John! If would-be polyandrists wish to marry in groups, let them plead their case. At present the issue pertains to two-party contracts. In any case, I have yet to hear a convincing argument as to why multi-party marriages (...) (20 years ago, 11-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Who the devil are we to lecture on 'nucular' non-proliferation? (careful, long rant)

(...) You anti-Semitic troll! The fact that Sharon is a wanted war criminal should reassure us all that Israel has the moral authority to hold nukes (1) any intimidate its neighbours! Scott A 1As a belligerent nation which has no respect of (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Just Teasing, I Have No Intention of Debating Any of This...

(...) "International War Crimes Court Is Inaugurated, but Without U.S." (URL) portions: ---...--- Since abrogating the Clinton administration's signature last year, the Bush administration has persuaded 24 countries to sign bilateral agreements with (...) (22 years ago, 17-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Why these news groups were created

(...) Things that are clearly wrong are those things that clearly harm others. Like abuse and neglect of children. Not like consensual sexual activities. Homosexuality isn't right because it's part of society, it's right because no one is harmed. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Clearly. Article 3, section 2: "The judicial power shall extend to all cases, in law and equity, arising under this Constitution, the laws of the United States, etc." To abridge this function of the judiciary would indeed require an amendment. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Anti-Semitism and Anti-Americanism

(...) What would it mean for Israel to play the good boy? Surely, they can't placate the demands of *all* neighboring states. Israel exists (though the how and why of it be may be questionable.) It's destruction is not an option; peace is only going (...) (23 years ago, 26-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Medical Marijuana

(...) No, it's too plausible not to be true. The government thinks heroin is some big bad thing (it is) that we need to be protected from because we're too stupid (we're not)... so we have wild gyrations in the street price as we either bribe the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: 2nd Amendment -- Bare Bones

(...) Well, perhaps there is no resolution -- we certainly have more than one instance of bad law, bad stare decisis, coming down from the high court...and it does annoy. The court has, in particular, been guilty of making bad law that is in the way (...) (22 years ago, 25-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

This message is huge again! I wish I had as much free time at work as you, David. I still have an unfinished reply to one of your previous posts in a draft folder. Hopefully I can finish this one in one sitting... David Eaton wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 15-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Peanuts on Airplanes (was Re:Skin)

(...) So this is an interesting example, because the negative effects are pretty well understood, and the costs of an alternative are pretty well understood. Of course what may not be so understood is how many other substances can cause fatal (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Sticking my gun where it doesn't belong...

(...) I could not resist to comment: 1-americans must *really* feel lonely, at 1.4 per home! (*) 2-Those 200million guns (or whatever the figure) can never work as one. For starters, no wanna-be-oppressor would be dumb enough not to have a power (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Free speech and abuse thereof

Larry Pieniazek wrote: <snip> (...) Well, if I may jump in here and say that, in theory Lar and the LP may make things *logically* clearer, but even in the best of systems you still have the same, nagging problem: 1) The system will only work if (...) (25 years ago, 8-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?]

(...) Ah.. so after the second time they spill nuclear goo in a kiddies playground(1), things will change? Unless they've got a new CEO who does exactly what the old one did? My point is that having to wait for a company to violate rights a second (...) (25 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

I would let this whole post of yours slide as it repeats the same refuted themes. But I can't let this one item go. (...) It is NOT AT ALL hard to say that this is government mandated religion, and the fact that you don't seem to see why shows that (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: From Harry Browne

I too don't want to debate the broad topic of abortion, my own views are unclear to myself at the moment (0). (...) Nope. You certainly did not misinterpret. One of the unofficial slogans of the LP is "we're pro-choice.. on everything!" If you'll (...) (24 years ago, 10-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Schpiffkraft Hakenkreuz

(...) Just because one should be free to speak their mind, doesn't mean that should be able to at the expense of other's pursuit of Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness, which is the basic premise of the Constitution. We "bother with it" because (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Stallman mentions Lego in newspaper article

Followups to off-topic.debate, because... suffice it to say, I do not agree, sir. :-) Stallman may be a bit flakey as a person, but I think the general theme that one can create "free" software and make a healthy living from it is extremely valid. I (...) (25 years ago, 9-Nov-99, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

More:  Next Page >>