 Off-Topic / Debate / 26039
Re: Why these news groups were created
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:31:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jason Coronado wrote:

reality, my good friend, does not always determine what is right and what is
wrong.  needless to say my children will know about the "reality" of
homosexuality sooner than i ever did.  but to say that, "homosexuality, kids,
is a part of society so that means it is right" is a complete farce.
infidelity, abuse, and neglect are all real things that happen to children,
but they are clearly wrong (or is it only in the eye of the beholder, as
relativism suggests)?

Things that are clearly wrong are those things that clearly harm others.  Like
abuse and neglect of children.  Not like consensual sexual activities.
Homosexuality isn't right because it's part of society, it's right because no
one is harmed.

where is the line drawn? when does sexual perversion become wrong?

When someone is harmed by it.

is bestiality wrong?

It is difficult to gain informed consent from animals.  If that were not the
case, then it would not be wrong.  Probably, there are many instances of actual
bestial sexuality that happen every day that are not meaningfully wrong, again,
because no one is harmed by it.  But we just can't know.

i know of people who want to start an organization which promotes
sexual relationships between grown men and boys.  is that wrong?

I support their first amendment rights to gather and speak.

if it is, then there's your absolute.  if it isn't, then we've
just allowed our sons to be looked at as potential sexual subjects
to be prayed upon by child molesters.

But not really.  After all, anyone in such an organization would presumably be
looking at our sons anyway, right?  So nothing would change, except that they
would be easier to track.  Sounds like a good thing to me.  And frankly, man-boy
love is only a problem because of informed consent.  If I could me absolutely
certain that my son understood the situation and really, really wanted to have
gay sex, I consider my duty to inform him so that he can pursue his goals.  My
concern would be his safety and health.

if little is absolute, then there goes our whole legal system.

That's simply not so, at all.  Our laws are mutable by design.

and if
values are not absolute, then how do you explain to the child who has been
molested by his/her parent that the parent was just "satisfying a sexual urge
so it's o.k"?

Well, assuming you mean the child was raped, I wouldn't explain any such thing.
I would protect the child from further harm.  But what if it was not rape?

and transgenders (i assume they are included as
well) surgically altered their genitals so they can have sex with...?

The T is for transgendered.  Transvestites are typically welcome within the
transgendered community umbrella, but are sometimes a different critter.
Further, it is more reasonable to claim that gender reassignees aren't doing it
for a particular kind of sex, but for a change in sexual identification from
within and without.  Obviously that includes sex for most of them, but it's not
just some perversion.  (Even if you do believe that homosexuality is...it's a
different mental condition.)

we need to not let children into the realm of
sexuality because then they feel they need to get involved

They do.  It's part of maturing.  Puberty happens when it does because that's
when they're supposed to start.

do you want your son (i assume he is still a child) to
participate in sexual acts?

My son is ten.  Dave's is like one.  Probably both of them have already
experienced "sexual acts."  Babies play with their genitals because it feels
good.  As they mature they will seek out and engage in a broader array of
sexually expressive behaviors.  That's good, not bad.

educating children is one thing, but openly
discussing the various perversions of sex just confuses children and allows
them to seek experimentation.

I think you're confused.  What are perversions?  Perversion implies an intent.
This intent is obviously what you happen to THINK God meant when He created our
sexual beings.  Right?  Is giving head perversion?  Why or why not?  How about
heterosexual anal sex?  So, if some pleasurable behavior is a wicked perversion,
why did He make it feel good?  The fact that He made them feel good is evidence
that we are intended to pursue those behaviors.

My children are educated.  More than you are comfortable with.  My son knows
about straigt, gay, bi orientations.  He knows about many ways that people
stimulate their own and others' genitals.  He knows that
"uh...no...uh...I...don't..." means "NO -- STOP THAT NOW."  He knows what
condoms are for and that sex can be safe and dangerous.

whatever happened to childhood innocence?

And he's no less a fun little kid for knowing all that.  Innocence is just a
synonym for ignorance.  It's supposed to go away.  It's cute in the natural
state, but to foster it is to repress children unnaturally.

What if one of your children turns out to be gay?  Will you condemn that
child to spend his or her life thinking that he or she is not okay, simply
because of your value system?  What kind of parent would inflict this
cruelty on a child?

i would always love my children no matter what they do, but i would never
accept the deliberate decision to disobey GOD by choosing a lifestyle
contrary to what the bible says.  cruelty, my friend, is letting children do
whatever they want so long as it feels right to them no matter the
consequences.

Right, so, not to harp on this, but what if one of your children turns out to be
gay?  What is your response?

GOD did not create humans with the desire for the same sex.

How can you know that?

if he did, then he wouldn't say how much he detests it in the bible.

Unless maybe, just maybe, in your admittedly imperfect state, you've made a
mistake and you're helping contribute to misery needlessly.

homosexality is not a
physiological manifestation, but a psychological one.

No matter how much evidence there is to the contrary?

Chris :(