 Off-Topic / Debate / 4948
Re: Mormon bashing again
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:52:59 GMT

I would let this whole post of yours slide as it repeats the same
refuted themes. But I can't let this one item go.

Bill Farkas wrote:

My personal summation of the matter is as follows:
     (not that anyone should or will care)

Ultimately, this matter started over the issue of posting of the ten
commandments and teaching creation. Still, it's hard to say that the simple
posting of the commandments is government mandated religion.

It is NOT AT ALL hard to say that this is government mandated religion,
and the fact that you don't seem to see why shows that you have a
different viewpoint than non evangelicals, and shows why evangelicals
make me so very very nervous.

You just don't get it. And, you're dangerous to anyone who doesn't
believe as you do. That's scary.

When I pointed out a number of silly laws that evangelicals had foisted
on the perfectly innocent who  didn't (for example) see shopping on
Sunday as a sin, I didn't hear you agreeing that imposition of morality
in that way was wrong. It is. But you don't see it. That's scary.

Remember what I said about usurping the rights of those who wish merely
to be left alone, left to do as they wish within the boundaries of
others rights... at some point they will resist your imposition of your
morality, and you'll be sorry you tried. For the innocents who may be
hurt in your attempt, I grieve. But you won't. And that's scary too.

There really isn't anything more to say here.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!