 Off-Topic / Debate / 5835
5834  |  5836
Subject:
Cat Piss (was: smokers)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 17:57:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Frank Filz writes:

I can also attest that cat piss is a very persistant substance...I can
still smell a piss smell after 10 years

Have you worked with one of the enzymatic cleaners that chemically breaks down
the pet odors?  The one that I have right now, with which I am fairly happy, is
called Simple Solution.  We got it at a cat show or at one of the big Petsmart
stores.  The key to these is that you have to saturate where the odor is.

Step 1 - Crawl around on your belly sniffing like crazy at the affected area,
to pinpoint the source.

Step 2 - Drench the area with this stuff.  You want to put so much down that it
soaks through the carpet completely and throught the pad under the carpet.  And
into the wood or concrete below that.

Step 3 - More!  That wasn't enough.  Just dump that stuff in.  Feel free to use
a quart of the stuff on two square feet.  Really!

Step 4 - Let it set for a while and then aim a high-powered fan right at the
area and dry to dry it out.

Step 5 - That junk leaves an oily residue, so use a carpet shampoo and follow
the directions.

I bet that you can't smell it any more.  And I bet your (hypothetical) cat
can't either.

Chris