 Off-Topic / Debate / 28699
  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Molly Ivins-- "In truth, there is no rational argument for guns in this society. This is no longer a frontier nation in which people hunt their own food. It is a crowded, overwhelmingly urban country in which letting people have access to guns (...) (11 years ago, 17-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) I agree in principle with what you are saying, Dave, but here's the problem: if you disarm the GP, then only the bad guys will have guns. And they will have them, in addition with the knowledge that whomever they chose to rob will most likely (...) (11 years ago, 17-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: snip (...) I don't think it's an all-or-nothing proposition. I mean, even Canadians own guns! (not me, but I digress) There are lines that can be drawn--the ones in their own little camps that have the (...) (11 years ago, 17-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Koudys wrote: <snippage> (...) I don't think that the issue is automatic vs semi-auto. All of these mass killings would be tragic whether 10 were killed or 28 were killed. (...) Lay off the LSD, Dave! (URL) (...) (...) (11 years ago, 18-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, John Neal wrote: <snippage> (...) Editorial in today's (maybe yesterday's... I am reading the asian edition in Jakarta so who knows) WSJ has it right... the last 4 out of 5 tragedies have had a common factor.. mental (...) (11 years ago, 18-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Really?? The system worked??? I know 26 families that would beg to differ (...) So because the cause, even though it's just and best for your society, isn't worth the undertaking because it's too difficult? Wow, you Yanks have come along way (...) (11 years ago, 18-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Mental health issues? I think that comes with wanting to own assault weapons that the marines and law enforcement would have some trepedation of using. But that's ust me. And since many americans don't want to invest in universal health care (...) (11 years ago, 18-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Dave: thousands of people die each year in auto accidents. We have traffic laws, but sometimes they don't work. Often, in fact. Is the solution to ban the automobile? The sad fact is that shit happens. (...) It's more of a pragmatic issue. (...) (11 years ago, 18-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Logical fallacy alert... "We must do SOMETHING!!!!" "THIS is 'something'" ... "therefore we must do THIS" Often, the right thing to do is, "nothing", that is, don't change the system as a whole in response to a minor upset. Also, I am reminded (...) (11 years ago, 20-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) I was just thinkin' the same thing!!! KIDDING. (11 years ago, 20-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) On a completely different note, I miss this. Life changes and moves on but lugnet was good times that I'm sad seem to be history. This is just a good throwback to what once was Anywho as usual you're not changing my mind and I'm not changing (...) (11 years ago, 20-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Roger that... Note: We're *already* not happy. NDAA sucks. (11 years ago, 20-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Are you sure of that? As you are making an assertation which cannot be proven. If it was me, I'd just follow the logic of it, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear (...) (11 years ago, 22-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Y'know what else sucks? Firefighters responding to a house fire getting shot at in Rochester, New York. So instead of putting out the fire and saving a home for a family, 1 (maybe 2) firefighters are in the hospital from gunshot wounds, and at (...) (11 years ago, 24-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) Not where I was going at all--you jumped there. No fallacy. We must do something rational, proven and/or educated. I've demonstrated that other countries, other scenarios, other well-educated persons, have 'done something' and these (...) (11 years ago, 28-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: We'll just wave...

(...) How regulated are automobiles? how insured? How licenced? And we're now comparing accidents to mass murder?? When was the last time a guy took out a school full of kids with a car?? I haven't seen that headline. Shit happens and 26 people are (...) (11 years ago, 28-Dec-12, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)