 Off-Topic / Debate / 27777 (-20)
  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Incorrect use of logic vs. amusing response... which will win. I think I'll just link to the (URL) lyrics of a wonderful song>. Tim (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Coming from a man who obviously can't grasp the subtleties of logic let alone the English language being called thick is really quite a compliment. I suggest you take some of the money you presumably have from your management of a (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  French absinthe ? (was Re: lego from China and Czech Republic)

(...) Absinthe ? Do you mean the drink made from absinthe? This drink is not allowed to be sold in France (since 1915). The "French absinthe" you are talking about is more probably from Switzerland. (where it has been legalized in 2005) Not a big (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) The Chinese make tat? That's a racial slur if If ever I heard one. Tim's a racist. Racist here. Everyone point at him and make a scowly face. Racist. Racist. (I'm using your own logic). Steve (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) See, I knew I was right. Steve (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Is this the new Marc Nelson Jr rule of Lugnet where he is allowed to complain about things he doesn't like but other people aren't? It's good to see you hate arguments so much you feel compelled to join just about any one you see. Tim PS. And (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Is that American gasoline, or the superior Venezuelan product? Cheers Richie Dulin (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Lighten up, Francis. I don't know about little plastic bricks, but I can tell the difference between Czech absinthe and French absinthe with my eyes closed (hint: the Czech stuff tastes like gasoline). Is absinthe better if it's made by (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Managed a multi-million dollar company- and can't manage to spell? Whatever. Another Tim (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

Tim: You are a bit thick. Neither am I racist. I actually was a race relations consuler for the Army for many years in Korea. You just said some stupid things and I see that you are a person that cannot admit he flew off the handle. To bad, but to (...) (18 years ago, 29-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) And what has this got to do with the Czech Republic? As I said in the first response Lego aren't even making bricks in China. What they are making in China is the Lego branded plastic tat and things like the Dino2010 Dinosaurs. (...) I just (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

Tim: I did not mean the comment to be bigot, I think that the quality suffers. I managed a multi million dollar corp. for 14 years after retiring from the Army. I have been stationed in Europe and in Korea. As a GM I dealt with products from China. (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) Dear Steve, This argument doesn't actually match my comment. If you were to argue that the quality of Lego would go up if it was manufacured in Japan it would be the same. You're comparing apples and pears here. (...) This may apply to China (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) So If I said the Japanese made high quality electrical goods, I'd be accusing them of being racially superior would I? The whole point of moving production to China is because the work force isn't as well educated as the people in the west. I (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: lego from China and Czech Republic

(...) I'm pretty sure that Lego bricks aren't made in China, only certain extra stuff. I have to say that I very much resent the implication here that stuff made in China or the Czech Republic will be inferior. I would hope you would keep such (...) (18 years ago, 28-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Let that be a lesson to you

(...) Hang'em high I say. They are contemptible, despicable, disgusting excuses for human beings. They are living examples of what is bad and wrong with America. JOHN (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Let that be a lesson to you

To anyone who would try to use power and privilege to bilk millions out of a failing company at the expense of investors and employees, (URL) Lay and Mr. Skilling> may have a few cautionary words of advice. Bravo to the prosecution! Dave! (18 years ago, 25-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This boils my bald head

(...) Well, if, say, there were 800,000 of them in the continental US, and they were crowding into cities, eating seagulls and pigeons in the streets, etc, I think I'd probably allow them to be hunted. But yeah, in general, I think you're right-- I (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: This boils my bald head

(...) Readers may be surprised to learn that I don't know a whole lot about intra-tribal law, so my comments must be taken with a grain of salt. To be honest, I don't know why the Bald Eagle would ever be taken off of the Endangered Species list. I (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  This boils my bald head

(URL) Let's kill bald eagles> When or where will political correctness finally end? This is simply NUTS! I've forgotten-- didn't they rule that sacrificing chickens for religious purposes was illegal for some reason? Maybe they, uh, chickened out (...) (18 years ago, 23-May-06, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact