 Off-Topic / Debate / 2291
Re: Art? (was Re: LEGO as Art)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 09:46:09 GMT

John Neal:

[ About Zbigniew Libera's Concentration Camp model:
  http://users.erols.com/kennrice/lego-kz.htm ]

[...] but I will say that I *seriously* question the use
of LEGO as the medium for Libera's work.  It's a toy for
God's sake;

I think that is the whole point. Even the "sweet" toys we
give kids can be used to depict horrible things. AFAIR
Libera also created scenes from mankind's dark side with
various other toys (Barbie comes to mind).

What I object to is the poor quality of the model. The guy
dosn't know a thing about using LEGO as a creative medium.

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --