 Off-Topic / Debate / 21111
Re: Separation of Church and State
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:40:08 GMT

In which granite tablets inscribed with the 10 commandments were removed from
school property.

Is this separation or liberalism run amok?

This is part of the constant attempt by a certain segment of society to
institutionalize its religion (i.e. inflict it upon everyone as the
state-sanctioned theology).  The prevalent religion at my son's school is
Buddhism - the same law that prevents Christians from forcing their religion
down everyone's throats prevents the eight-fold path from being driven down my
son's (and the Christians).  So, no, it's not liberalism run amok, but the
enforcement of a wise law.

Understanding religion and it's place in world history is something else.

-->Bruce<--