 Off-Topic / Debate / 21173
Re: Separation of Church and State
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:08:19 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Terry Prosper wrote:
   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Remember the Jesuit adage: “Give me a boy up to the age of seven and I will give you a Catholic” (or something similar...).

Yuck... Give a religious man a boy of that age and what you’ll most likely get is another boy molested by a priest/preacher/whatever...

You reckon? Most likely? Come on, show me a reference that says that 51% of religious men molest boys.

Your comment is without base, and apparently without thought.

“Celibacy leads to abused altar boys.” -Some Self-Appointed Wit

Said before the current revelations about recent news headlines concerning the clergy. But there is an unstated smiley behind it. I took it that this was the same. :-)

   But it does tell us a lot about religion that go after the younger, more innocent and less critic people to recruit followers in their faith.

It might. It might also tell us that that Jesuits value education (and early education, at that) very highly.

Anyone who wants to mold someone else doesn’t want the subject too old - try joining the army after you’re out of your 20’s, you can’t! Not because someone in their 30’s can’t learn, it’s just that they won’t put up with the nonsense the army dishes out. So it isn’t just religion.

-->Bruce<--