 Off-Topic / Debate / 21174
Re: Swift was Right! (He just named the wrong people...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:17:05 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Spencer Nowak wrote:
Hey.  Maybe you think canada is a great place. Ive been there, and it aint much
different than the US.  Maybe you should just get off the US's case, eh?
Dubya may be a moron, he may not.  That's not the point.  He's our moron.  You
have a problem with him? Move here and vote in the next election.

The problem with "your" moron is that he's taking his moronic policies and
telling other countries what they have to do to keep him happy.

If Dubya was content being an idiot in his own back yard, I would have no issue,
really.  Heck, the 'wonderfully eloquent' person we have as PM up here has his
many many issues, but he doesn't matter due to the fact that he ain't spreading
his stuff around to y'all.

Tell your pres. to stop shovelling the crap to the rest of the world, making the
world stink because of it, and I'll shut up about him.

And about the other point--yes Canada is much like the US--we share the same
continent and the like, but there are subtle differences that make all the
difference in the world.  Just one small insignificant example--backpaking thru
Europe with a Canada flag sewn to your jacket, or a US flag sewn to your
jacket--all the difference throughout the world.

Dave K