 Off-Topic / Debate / 20654
Re: Heres a debate question for ya...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:28:07 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Sean Devolites writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Stefan Garcia writes:
Lego people tend to be an intelligent group of people, and as such, LUGNET
doubles in .debate as a political forum.  Hence also it's under .off-topic.
And, our political views do seem to influence what we build.  I build older,
historical, or techy stuff because I like science and technology, and not
religion.
Cool, thats fine.  You're right about lego people being intelligent,
and that they are.

Here are my creations, btw.
http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=sastrei
Nice stuff.  Glad you build things, its cool to see them.

Thanks.

-Stefan-

p.s.  Sean, how old are you?  Not being rude here, but if you're over 21,
"Sup" is an especially embarrassing word to have in your vocabulary.  Below
21, and it simply makes you look less-than-intelligent.
Well, im 14.

Then it's not AS bad.  I'm a junior in high school, I know how the language is.

And I'm not being rude here, but i dont think sup is an
embarassing word.  Um, it doesn't make me any less intelligent, I get
A's and B's in school (algebra came up for me : )) and speak 1 1/2
languages (I'm learning spanish).  I say it in school to teachers
sometimes, and it doesn't even matter.  Its the place I live I guess,
Virginia is great but you got to be ready if you go to school there.

And I wasn't aware people in Virgina use "'sup."  Interesting.

So, heres my point.  I've been thru this when I -first- came here,
people didn't like my 'wasssssssssssup' at every post, so I dropped
it.  I brought back sup because its my personality.  Its me.  Why
in the heck would I act like someone that I'm not?  With that, I say...

I remember that thread from when you first came online.  And yes, you should
be true to who you are.  Plus, I was in a crappy mood when I posted and was
in no mood to hear more of that kind of chopped language in this little
online haven.  And yes, I mean haven, not heaven.

-Stefan-