 Off-Topic / Debate / 19676
Re: More on the DPRK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 21:07:46 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
news:HC469J.1tE7@lugnet.com...

Yes it does help. You're merely being dismissive of the author, writing • him
off with "nuke 'em all", as if that's what the author is advocating... but • I
made the mistake of taking your comments seriously, when I pointed that
isn't what the author said, we get lost in a thicket of who said what • which
isn't really getting us anywhere.

It was a serious comment at first. How to get rid of an evil dictator with
nuclear weapons other than to strike first? The man is clearly insane enough
to: (Insert your own "facts" from below).

The facts are enough for "The World" to go to war about it, but the same
facts are also the reason to why diplomacy is a better choice.(If DPRK do
have nuclear capabilities at the moment).

If war is inevitable and DPRK is nuclear country, how can it be won
otherwise than to strike first? The number of nukes in DPRK is probably not
that many so they can be taken out in one single strike. Compare it with
cold war theory between US and Soviet a couple of years ago, but Soviet had
a few more warheads than a couple...

- that the DPRK is an evil little stalinist state, happily starving its • people
- with a track record of threatening its neighbors into paying Danegeldt
- run by a homicidal maniac who fancies himself a porn star
- that's going to be hard enough to deal with as it is
- but will be a lot harder once it has nukes, which ain't going to be • long,
if in fact it doesn't already have them now...
- and which would have no compunctions about selling stuff to terrorists
since it already sells missiles to rogue states.

As for N Korea selling stuff, do your research.

Never mind. I´ll check on Ebay. ;-)

I'ts a LITTLE harder to buy stuff from the DPRK, than that, but not much. • If
you truly didn't already know that DPRK threatens its neighbors, lies,
cheats and blusters, and sells stuff off, you're not very well read. Go • away
and come back when you are.

I´ll come when you understand smileys. But don´t take my word for it.
/J