 Off-Topic / Debate / 19644
Re: More on the DPRK
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2003 16:30:59 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Joakim Olsson writes:

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message
In:

http://www.nationalreview.com/kurtz/kurtz032103.asp

Kurtz makes the case (partly by reanalysing a New Republic article making
the opposite case!) that either
- war with the DPRK
or
- an eventual loss of a US city to terrorist nukes
is inevitable as they have already been reprocessing and are not likely to
allow inspection of their facilities.

Yeah.. better safe than sorry. Nuke em all.

If that's a serious suggestion, it is a terrible idea. If sarcastic, well
then, not reading very closely, are we? Or perhaps you were referring to the
DPRK strategy? Mr. Kurtz is not saying we should definitely nuke anybody.

Too bad we're at least 10 years behind on missile defense, though...
http://www.nationalreview.com/miller/miller032103.asp ... all thanks to
luddites in the DP (Democratic Party), and elsewhere.

AAN(as an aside) I used DPRK just a couple of days ago, and thought I
elaborated it then... apologies if not.

BTW (By The Way), when referring to CF (Cedar Fair) properties, most people
use DP not DPRK for Dorney Park.

++Lar (who did KBF, WoF, MA, CP, and DP last year, only missed VF)