 Off-Topic / Debate / 14452
Re: ...but Japan didn't agree with that assessment.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2001 08:11:10 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message

Moral relativism is a bankrupt idea.

Are you saying moral objectivism is the correct path? If so, on what should
it be based? The bible? The Koran? Book of Mormon?

  General principles, agreeable to all people?

That would be fun establishing?

  Something like
  the UDHR?  The bulk of world opinion?

So we should "go with the flow", accept morals which we as individuals do
not agree with? I'm not saying either moral relativism or objectivism is
"wrong" or "right", I just think most of us operate in the middle-ground...
I may be wrong.

Scott A

I would have thought you'd have said moral relativism was *good* idea?

  See the subject line for relativism, at least in the
  perceptual sense.

  LFB