 Off-Topic / Debate / 14451
Re: Violence created by presence of guns? (was: Gotta loveOracle...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 07:02:59 GMT

OK, if it is easier to get an illegal gun in states that have restrictions
on who can and how he can legally obtain a gun, then, of course, this needs
to be fixed, too.

Fixed how?  The solution I favor is to lift those restrictions.

You already guessed that I prefer a different solution, didn't you?

I think it's time to agree that we disagree. The discussion has not brought
up any new arguments for a while ...

It IS appropriate to compare US states because we're not giving up our
right to keep and bear arms.  Whether or not you think it's safer without
them, we are committed to keeping our guns.  So in the context of a group
of people who think that the price we pay for that right is worth it, the
only comparison that will mean anything is within that group.

I am for sure not going to tell you what you should do in the US, but it
seems the point why I think a comparison solely within the US is invalid to
support your belief didn't really come through. Anyway, I don't feel that
reiterating makes sense, so from my side we could terminate this thread now.

:wq

Horst