 Off-Topic / Debate / 14565
Re: More on Moral Relativism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 22:06:26 GMT

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson102901.shtml

I forgot how ferocious the battle for Okinawa actually was... but the real
point of this article lies elsewhere. Moral relativism is a bankrupt idea.

More Hanson:

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson110901.shtml

This article continues showing why moral relativism (and a host of other
things like aristocratic guilt reflexes and general politeness) lead to
quagmire thinking.

From the article:

"Yes, we knew all that, and so are now told that our intelligence agencies are
inept, naïve, and worse, for not spotting the hijackers in advance. But we also
surely suspect that, had any government watchdog agency swept down on America's
universities, mosques, Islamic leagues, and Muslim charities - to expel
agitators hostile to the U.S., to infiltrate such groups, or to wiretap - they
would have met with a storm of protest. The Islamic-American community would
have quickly mobilized the considerable arsenal of our politically correct
media; universities; the legal professions; and local, state, and national
government to allege ethnic stereotyping, racial profiling, religious
intolerance, Islamophobia, and all the usual -isms and -ologies we have become
acquainted with."

Please, Mr Hanson, explain to me why that would be worse than several thousand
innocent Americans (and others) dying in a terrorist attack, followed by a
protracted war against enemies unknown?

I especially considered the bit about how "UN" sanctions morphed into "US"
sanctions on CNN and in the world press to be thought provoking.

Heads they win, tails we lose indeed.

Ain't life a bitch?

ROSCO