 Off-Topic / Debate / 14594
Re: More on Moral Relativism
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:09:50 GMT

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson102901.shtml

I forgot how ferocious the battle for Okinawa actually was... but the real
point of this article lies elsewhere. Moral relativism is a bankrupt idea.

More Hanson:

http://www.nationalreview.com/hanson/hanson110901.shtml

This article continues showing why moral relativism (and a host of other
things like aristocratic guilt reflexes and general politeness) lead to
quagmire thinking.

I especially considered the bit about how "UN" sanctions morphed into "US"
sanctions on CNN and in the world press to be thought provoking.

Those who don't get their news from entertainment channels know better. You
said this not all that long ago:

"My beef with them [sanctions] is that they're not impoverishing the *right
things* (...) *enough*, and that they give foamers like you anti US ammo.

How can UN sanctions produce anti US ammo?

Scott A

Heads they win, tails we lose indeed.