 Off-Topic / Debate / 14389
Re: At last, a Federal program we can all support.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:11:10 GMT

http://www.healingtouch.net/newsltr/v0n5/story5.shtml
-> Interested healers should call project manager, Jerome Stone,
-> RN, at 415-749-5702 or fax him at 415-921- 6117.

I wonder what kind of resume these 'healers' have to keep in order to get jobs
like this.  That's got to be a sweet deal.

  It's like those shows on the Discovery Channel that quote "UFO experts" or
"experts in the paranormal."  How the heck does someone qualify as a UFO
expert?  Has he "seen" a bunch of UFOs?  Has he heard a lot of stories about
UFOs?  Did he see "Close Encounters" a thousand times?  Ugh.  Nonsense and
pseudoscience.
  I don't know what bothers me more--that the Discovery Channel (and its
siblings) posture themselves as serious proponents of science, or that the
Discovery Channel Store sells magnetic insoles (and their siblings) as if
they have any physical therapeutic benefit whatsoever.

     Dave!