 Off-Topic / Debate / 14390
Re: Future of Humanity (was: lotsa stuff)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 20:51:22 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:

This is an interesting point. It is a generaisation, but in the UK low
income families tend to have more kids than higher earners. Many couples
(married or otherwsie) decide to have only one or no kids at all. If we
assume (again a generisation) that low income familes have lower levels of
intelligence (measured by lower levels of educational attainment) is our
gene pool geing skewed the wrong way?

Is there a "wrong way"?

I would think that most people with at least middling intelligence would tend to
agree that decreasing the overall intelligence level of our species is the "wrong
way".

Do you have a reason to think that decreasing our species intelligence is the right
way to go?