 Off-Topic / Debate / 14475
Re: Doing the Discover Mag Rag (Was: At last, a Federal program we can all support.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 03:50:15 GMT

We get New Scientist [...]
Never read : Jobs... around 1/3 of the mag (beware!)

That last chunk in the back of nothing but British job ads is a dangerous
thing to have in the house, especially since Barbara wants to move us to
England.  :-,  Indeed, this is an ongoing discussion in our house.

Reasons to move to England:
- Perhaps the best Chinese, Thai and Tandoori food on the planet.
- Their TV programs, while certainly on a lower yearly budget than most US
public high schools, tend to be better than their US counterparts.
- Their money, especially the coins, are tons cooler-looking than US currency.
- Tony Blair is a MUCH better public speaker than Dubya.
- Everyone speaks with an English accent (they must teach it in the schools
or something...)

Reasons to NOT move to England:
- They insist on driving on the wrong side of the road.
- They've taxed thingy.
- Indiginous English food.  Here's a recipe for, well, just about
everything:  Store meat packed in salt.  Boil the color out of the meat, and
then press it in salt.  Roll meat in salt before putting it on the plate.
Dash some salt on top and drop on a salted cow brain wrapped in boiled
cabbage for a tasty garnish.  Oh, and pass the salt please.  :-,

Cheers,
- jsproat