 Off-Topic / Debate / 14479
Re: Doing the Discover Mag Rag (Was: At last, a Federal program we can all support.)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2001 08:40:53 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:

Reasons to move to England:
- Perhaps the best Chinese, Thai and Tandoori food on the planet.

Yes, it certainly brings new meaning to the phrase "have an Indian". I admit
of a double take the first time I heard that phrase used to mean going out
for food (not that I've heard it any other way, mind you)

However according to the Red Cross if you've lived/stayed in England for 3
months since 1980 you can't give blood in the US ever (unless they lift it).

Is this because of the curry-houses? I thought it was due to BSE? ;)

The 3 month limit is crazy, one bad burger[1] is all it takes to catch it.

Scott A

[1] Or other beef product.